cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a makefile without the Makefile Import Wizard

leonardoguidi
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to import a project for MPC8248 in CodeWarrior 8.8. How I find the default makefile CodeWarrior is using? And how can I configure my own makefile?  Version 8.8 does not have the "Makefile Import Wizard" plugin, so I think I need to deal the thing with command line compiler.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To use "External Build Support" you need to create project using External Build Wizard as Adrian suggests above. Accessing "External Build" target panel as below

pastedImage_1.png

The IDE can build an external makefile and debug its output. After the IDE converts the makefile into a CodeWarrior project, source files can be added in the project manager window.

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

By default CW classic is not using a makefile. IDE will build the application according to the project. Depending of the tool version, there is an option to generate a makefile (Under Project menu, Export Project as GNU Makefile), but is not your case.

You should create your own makefile, than create a  project using External Build Wizard. Please take a look in CodeWarrior IDE 5.7 Windows User's Guide.pdf, External Build Support.

Adrian

0 Kudos