Programming Tower kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Tower kit

kalyanichawak
Contributor I

Hi. How can I program Tower kit TWRS12G128 without code using only Flash Programming? I wish to program using hex/bin/srec file. Codewarrior version is 5.9

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

if we already have .s19 file, we can also use Codewarrior to program big burn file into flash. This tool is called hiwave.exe. Thus, you needn’t purchase the license but can use free edition program flash.
The method is as below:
1.   Install Codewarrior v5.x.
2.   make sure the hardware is well connected with PC. For instance you are using BDM multilink or Cyclone Pro.
3.   open Hiwave debugger “Hiwave.exe” in {Your CW install directory}\prog
4.   then in debugger, go to menu “component”, “set connection…”. In new pop-up small dialog, in the dropdown list, select HC12 and P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro. Click OK to close this dialog.
5.   go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “device”, select the right device chip.
6.   go to menu “MultilinkCyclonePro”, “connect”, Set the right connection.
7.   go to menu “File”, “Load application…”. Import the .s19 file into debugger. You could have a browse the content at the memory window of the debugger, it should be in coincidence with the s-record file.
8.   Press F5 to run. The code should download into the flash.

Can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos