cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INIT _BootStart

collapsar
Contributor I

Hi,community

It is not said that INIT _BootStart is the same as VECTOR 0 _BootStart, because there is also VECTOR 0 _BootStart in the fileproject.prmBootloader_S12XAN4258SW, so I will comment out the INIT _BootStart, but the Error Link Error: L1115: Function _Startup not found, why?

And about INIT _BootStartI found out

If I comment out the INIT _BootStart and add the start12.c file of the other project to this project, there will be no errors to compile again. What does the INIT keyword do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

in prm file,this line of code is to define and initialize vector table.

VECTOR 0 _BootStart

Above code defines function _BootStart at reset vector 0. But it can't be used as application init entry point.Command INIT is needed instead.

INIT command defines the initialization entry point for the application. The INIT command is mandatory for assembly application and optional otherwise. It cannot be specified more than once in the prm file.

in Bootloader_S12X, function _BootStart is defined in assembly file. So INIT _BootStart is mandatory in prm file. If you remove it, application will not find the application entry point.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos