cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reading Trace View  of CW10.6  about kinetis

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hello .

I refer to the "Profiling and Analysis Users Guide.pdf" test the trace and tracepoint function,

while I can not understand the trace view , could you tell me how to read this ?

18986_18986.pngpastedImage_0.png

Thank

Linda

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Linda,

The Trace View can be used to see the collected  trace information from your application, the information will be displayed as a ‘table’ with the instructions executed.

Here is what each of the fields in the table means:

Index. Displays the order number of the instructions.

Event Source. Displays program trace messages from ETM (Merlin) or special messages from ITM.

Description. Displays detailed information about the trace line.

Source. Displays the source function of the trace line if it is a call or a branch.

Target. Displays the target function of the trace line if it is a call or a branch.

Type. Displays the type of the trace line, which can either be a linear instruction, a branch, a call, or a custom message.

Timestamp. Displays the absolute clock cycles that the instruction takes to execute.

Please also take a look to the following post created by our colleague Erich Styger, it might be helpful for you:

First Steps with the P&E Tracelink | MCU on Eclipse:

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Fan_xy
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

About the "Timestamp" , is it the  clock cycles that the correspond instruction ? or it is the clock cycles that from the first instruction to there ?

If the first assumption is right , why some instuction's time is same ? like this :

pastedImage_0.png

Thank

Linda

0 Kudos