Debug database index path?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug database index path?

quevedo
Contributor V

Hello, I am using CW10.6 in a laboratory class at the university. It is running on Windows XP computers, and the IT staff does not like giving access rights to student accounts.

CW is working OK, except when I try to debug. When I start debugging, I get an error stating that CW cannot access debug index database. If I tun CW with the admninistrator account, debugger works OK.

Thus, I know it is a problem with file/folder access rights for the user account. The easiest solution would be to give user account full access to the whole CW10.6 folder and subfolders, but again TI staff prefers not doing that. They want to limit writing access to where it is strictly needed.

So, my question is quite simple: what is the path for the debug database indes in CW10.6?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Antonio,

I ever used below workaround for non-admin right classic CW users. it worked well.

please try if it can also work for eclipse one:

Workaround: after installation (still logged as user with admin rights) change attributes of folder where CW is installed - add write rights for this user (or for Users group). According my tests it is enough.

Of course user will also need to create shortcut of IDE.exe because CW installer created it only for user who installed it.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quevedo
Contributor V

Hello, Zhang

I am sure that this workaround will work. However, our IT staff does not want to give any write rights for student users, besides the account desktop and a workspace folder created for them. They want to limit the damage that students can do to software, so they asked me if we could release write rights only to the strictly necessary folders, and that's why I am asking the debug database path.

Cheers

Antonio

0 Kudos