cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW for MCU 10.6 12Z compiler, linker, assembler versions

Foof223
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the versions of the compiler, linker, and assembler used in Codewarrior 10.6 for MCUs.  I'm using it with the 12Z processor.  I've looked under help -> about -> installed products.  There the 12Z compiler is shown, but not the linker or assembler.  Any idea how to find these?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Craig,

CW10.6 's compiler is gcc ,so  the gcc version is the compiler version.

pastedImage_1.png

And the Assembler version is check the "arm-none-eabi-as.exe" version like this :

pastedImage_0.png

And the linker version check the"arm-none-eabi-ld.exe"

pastedImage_1.png

And you show is the c/c++ compiler version.

Best Regards,

Alice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post help your question, please click the helpful Answer button.

0 Kudos

Foof223
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thanks very much for your help!  I'm a bit confused because I see in my map file the compiler shown as:  Compiler Version: C/C++ Compiler for S12/L-ISA v-5.0.37 build 14244

I'm working with a 3rd party software developer who will be writing a bootloader for the project and he needs the compiler, linker, and assembler versions to make sure his code will work for me.

Kind regards,

Craig

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Craig,

I do not know the relationship among them , while I said above is the way to check the compiler assembler linker version .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos