cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CW 10.6] s19 file creation during build

prosperi_france
Contributor II

Hi all,

creating project with Processor Expert, as last step of the build the burner is invoked to create the .s19 file.

I created a new project with no Processor Expert support and I cannot find in the Properties // C/C++ Settings // Tool Settings

how to enable the creation of the .s19 file.

Could you please explain me how to do this?

Thanks for your time

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
19 Replies

aroste
Contributor IV

Hi,

I created a new project and copied my files into it, then updated the project settings. I succeeded  in creating a hex file.  But I didn't succeed by downloading it with tftp.

I will concentrate back to CW10.5 and MQX4.0.1.    All this is not reliable..  At this point I'm not sure I can finish my project with freescale.   I will open other topics for my current problems and try to solve them. 

BR

stephan

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

I just tried to create a new basic project linked to my local MQX with my specific BSP as I use it normally.    It's ok, I can get the Hex file..   So I have no clue why for my project it doesn't work.

And I don't know what to look..

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

I think It could be interesting if we could reproduce the problem on our side too.

Is it possible to have the project ?

Now if you don't want to share it on community we can continue through Service Request system.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

It seems it wants only to generates the HEX-file, but do not generates first the ELF-file..

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes, strange.

It looks like a problem with the parallel build settings. Can you try to disable it:

pastedImage_0.png

Erich

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

i just tried that 5 minutes ago.  :-) 

No changes.. 

If I check the "Problems" tabs under warnings I have those 2 line for the makefile that I get only in release:

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
make: ignoring old recipe for target `OSV8_Camera.elf'makefile/OSV8_Camera/twrk60f120m_Int_Flash_Releaseline 77C/C++ Problem
make: overriding recipe for target `OSV8_Camera.elf'makefile/OSV8_Camera/twrk60f120m_Int_Flash_Releaseline 113C/C++ Problem

Stephan

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

Hi all,

Find here a printscreen of the settings, the error info and the console info. It seems the ELF  file is somehow deleted.. I don't understand. 

SettingsCreateFlash.pngError.pngConsole.png

0 Kudos

marceli1
Contributor III

Hi,

Try to change in Output menu Output format iHEx to srec, after change Build Artifact extension elf to srec. It is what bootloader can use.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you post your complete console log (copy-paste the text)?

I believe that the link phase failed, but cannot tell from your screenshot.

Maybe you have custom options set per files/folder?

This is a problem with objcopy (see Traps and Pitfalls: No Hex/Bin/S19 File Created with GNU? | MCU on Eclipse).

Erich

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

Here it is:

I will check your link in parallel.

**** Build of configuration twrk60f120m_Int_Flash_Release for project OSV8_Camera ****

"C:\\Freescale\\CW MCU v10.6\\gnu\\bin\\mingw32-make" -j16 pre-build main-build

SubWCRev.exe E:\Mes_Projets\OSV8\CW10_6_OSV8\OSV8_Camera E:\Mes_Projets\OSV8\CW10_6_OSV8\OSV8_Camera\Sources\SvnInfo.tmpl E:\Mes_Projets\OSV8\CW10_6_OSV8\OSV8_Camera\Sources\SvnInfo.h

SubWCRev : E155007: 'E:\Mes_Projets\OSV8\CW10_6_OSV8\OSV8_Camera' is not a working copy

' '

'Building file: ../Sources/main.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c'

'Building file: ../Sources/Application/timer.c'

'Executing target #1 ../Sources/main.c'

'Executing target #2 ../Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.c'

'Executing target #3 ../Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.c'

'Executing target #4 ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.c'

'Executing target #5 ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c'

'Executing target #6 ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c'

'Executing target #7 ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.c'

'Executing target #8 ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c'

'Executing target #9 ../Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.c'

'Executing target #10 ../Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.c'

'Executing target #11 ../Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.c'

'Executing target #12 ../Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.c'

'Executing target #13 ../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c'

'Executing target #14 ../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c'

'Executing target #15 ../Sources/Application/timer.c'

'Invoking: ARM Ltd Windows GCC C Compiler'

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/main.c" @"Sources/main.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/main.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/main.d" -o"Sources/main.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.c" @"Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.d" -o"Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.c" @"Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.d" -o"Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.c" @"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.d" -o"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c" @"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.d" -o"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c" @"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.d" -o"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.c" @"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.d" -o"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c" @"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.d" -o"Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.c" @"Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.d" -o"Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.c" @"Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.d" -o"Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.c" @"Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.d" -o"Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.c" @"Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.d" -o"Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c" @"Sources/Control/StbpCamera.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Control/StbpCamera.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Control/StbpCamera.d" -o"Sources/Control/StbpCamera.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c" @"Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.d" -o"Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.o"

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6/Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" "../Sources/Application/timer.c" @"Sources/Application/timer.args" -Wa,-adhlns="Sources/Application/timer.o.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"Sources/Application/timer.d" -o"Sources/Application/timer.o"

'Finished building: ../Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.c'

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c'

'Finished building: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c'

' '

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.c'

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Init.c'

'Finished building: ../Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.c'

' '

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Drivers/AdcDriver.c'

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c'

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Drivers/LensH16Driver.c'

'Finished building: ../Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.c'

' '

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c'

'Finished building: ../Sources/Application/timer.c'

' '

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/CGI.c'

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/main.c'

' '

'Finished building: ../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c'

' '

'Executing target #17 OSV8_Camera.hex'

'Invoking: ARM Ltd Windows GNU Create Flash Image'

“C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.6\eclipse\../Cross_Tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy”  -O srec --srec-len=252 OSV8_Camera.elf  "OSV8_Camera.hex"

makefile:113: warning: overriding recipe for target `OSV8_Camera.elf'

makefile:77: warning: ignoring old recipe for target `OSV8_Camera.elf'

mingw32-make: [pre-build] Error 10 (ignored)

In file included from E:/Mes_Projets/OSV8/CW10_6_OSV8/OSV8_Camera/Sources/Typedef.h:16:0,

from ../Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.h:25,

from ../Sources/Utils/stbp/stbp.c:21:

E:/Mes_Projets/OSV8/CW10_6_OSV8/OSV8_Camera/Sources/SystemDefinitions.h:502:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration [enabled by default]

../Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.c:98:97: warning: 'uPrecisionFactor' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/main.c:98:11: warning: unused variable 'dummy' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/main.c:373:4: warning: implicit declaration of function '_event_create_component' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/main.c:381:4: warning: implicit declaration of function '_event_create' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/main.c:407:2: warning: dereferencing 'void *' pointer [enabled by default]

../Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.c:180:39: warning: 'uPrecisionFactor' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

E:/Mes_Projets/OSV8/CW10_6_OSV8/OSV8_Camera/Sources/SystemDefinitions.h:502:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration [enabled by default]

../Sources/Utils/stbp/StTime.c:293:41: warning: 'iTicks24h' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:806:1: warning: missing braces around initializer [-Wmissing-braces]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:831:11: warning: variable 'varRead' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:856:13: warning: unused variable 'inBuff_ptr' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:855:12: warning: unused variable 'outTrameTmp' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:971:11: warning: variable 'varTmp' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:1045:10: warning: unused variable 'correctionPhy' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:1203:19: warning: unused variable 'timestampOftrame' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:1319:26: warning: variable 'msec' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/PTPv2.c:1450:10: warning: unused variable 'phyClock' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Drivers/..\SystemDefinitions.h:502:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration [enabled by default]

../Sources/Drivers/LensXA20Driver.c:41:9: warning: unused variable 'dummy' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Drivers/..\SystemDefinitions.h:502:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration [enabled by default]

../Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.c:184:30: warning: unused variable 'i' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Drivers/ExtEeprom.c:199:30: warning: unused variable 'i' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:449:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'abs' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:730:2: warning: value computed is not used [-Wunused-value]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:62:14: warning: 'alreadyInPrintf' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c:32:6: warning: unused variable 'option' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c:100:10: warning: unused variable 'length' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c:99:11: warning: unused variable 'error' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c:98:11: warning: unused variable 'index' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c:375:11: warning: unused variable 'error' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/RTCS_Socket.c:396:11: warning: unused variable 'handle' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:466:14: warning: 'refInc' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:543:14: warning: 'refAccZ' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:535:14: warning: 'refAccY' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:527:14: warning: 'refAccX' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:459:14: warning: 'ref12V' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/Application/CommunicationManager.c:436:10: warning: 'ref54V' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c:43:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'MACNET_write_mii' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c:65:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'MACNET_read_mii' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c:430:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'abs' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Utils/RTCS_Lib/Driver_DP83640.c:383:10: warning: unused variable 'nsecTemp' [-Wunused-variable]

../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c:84:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'CommunicationManager_SendToPC' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c:98:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GetConvertedInclinometer' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c:111:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GetConvertedTemparture' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c:340:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'CommunicationManager_SendTime' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c:1329:7: warning: dereferencing 'void *' pointer [enabled by default]

../Sources/Control/StbpCamera.c:1355:7: warning: dereferencing 'void *' pointer [enabled by default]

../Sources/Application/..\SystemDefinitions.h:502:2: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration [enabled by default]

../Sources/Application/timer.c:78:4: warning: implicit declaration of function 'abs' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/Application/timer.c:260:2: warning: implicit declaration of function '_event_open' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

mingw32-make: *** [OSV8_Camera.hex] Error 1

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a project based on K60F120M that was "working" with CW10.5 and MQX4.0.  As I have some problem with TCP IP /UDP connections I'm trying with CW10.6 and MQX4.1.1.

For that I created I new project in my new environment and after that I updated the project files with my files. (to have all new from CW10.6)

I finally succeded in building libraries and project and run it in debug mode.  Now I'm trying the release version. 

I found here that it needs to add in the project properties the "Create Flash Image" to get the srecord file to download with my bootloader.

My problem is that I always get an error and once the option "Create Flash Image" is activated I cannot get neither the ELF or HEX software file. 

I am lost.  Nothing in the links I found explain that... 

Thanks

BR

stephan

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

With the MCU v10.6 + MQX V4.1.1, I've create a project via the wizard for MQX Hello example.

The board used is K60F120M too.

Before to build the project I've build the MQX libraries.

Attached you will find a video showing how I've selected the Create Flash Image under Addtional Tools.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

Hi,

Thanks for the video, it is exactly what I did. It seems that the ELF file disappear and then it's not find to create the S19. 

As I still have to get working with some points I went back on CW10.5 and MQX4.0.1.  If you have some other comments or suggestions it's welcome, I will try ASAP again.

Thanks

BR

stephan

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Stephan,

The file created is not named .s19.

Under MCU V10.x the file is named with .hex as showed in the video.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

0 Kudos

aroste
Contributor IV

Hi Pascal,

Yes I know.  :-)    I was thinking about that after the renaming. (option in commands to do it automatically)

But I tried with renaming, just create the HEX-file as you mentionned and it crashes.  I will try again today.

Thanks

BR

Stephan

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Stephan,

what is the error message?

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

prosperi_france
Contributor II

Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I forgot to point out that I am using a S08PT and the C/C++ Settings tab is

significantly different from the Kinetis version (i.e. I cannot find any Additional Tools tab.

I solved my problem adding the burning step in the post-building steps

but I'm still searching a more "out-of-the-box" solution. It must be there, somewhere. :smileyhappy:

Thanks anyway for all your suggestions.

FP

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Francesco:

There is indeed an option to create S19 file. This is in Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> S08 Linker -> Output:

Gen_SREC.png

However, I have seen that for S08 projects, the burner is invoked by default from the makefile, so the S19 file should be generated without that option enabled. If you are not getting the S19 file generated, it could be caused by Per-File settings, explained by Erich himself at the next tutorial:

Traps and Pitfalls: No Hex/Bin/S19 File Created with GNU? | MCU on Eclipse

With custom file settings the makefile is not generated properly.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez