キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Using fflash.exe for the 56f8013, loading multiple s files

3,214件の閲覧回数
MarkO
Contributor I
I am trying to program a serial number in an unused page of flash on the 56f8013. I've tried the fflash (command line) version and I get an error message:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact support...."

Loading an S file created by the MW tools works just fine. Now I want to use a second file to store a serial number (arbitrary string) in high flash memory at address 0x1f80:

S0030000FC
S1051F80AA5561
S9030156A5

I'm just putting 0xAA55 @ 0x1f80. According to the flash programmer user guide, I should be able the put this filename in the command line and the appropriate page should be programmed, right? The fflash program does not complain about the s file except for the above "helpful" message.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
ラベル(1)
タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)

817件の閲覧回数
rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Mark:

I don't know if this is your problem, but the checksum is wrong on the S1 record. The 61 at the end of the line should be a 5C for a correct checksum.

Of course, this should not cause such an ungracious exit, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it does.

Also, the first line, the S0 record, is null and could probably be discarded. The last line, the S9 record, defines a start address (0x0156) and is probably not correct. Neither line should hurt, except for the possibility of comm or checksum errors.
0 件の賞賛
返信

817件の閲覧回数
MarkO
Contributor I
Hi Rocco,

Thanks for the help.

I thought the S0 record was required but could contain arbitrary data. I removed it (and fixed the checksum) and it worked. I guess it did not like my S0 record. BTW, I also set the S9 record to zeroes.

The error message is generated by Microsoft. I had googled the text and found that there are other applications that quote that same string. It would be nice if the Codewarrior team could look into the S0 record anomaly or explain the reason for the error message.

Again, thanks for the help

Mark
0 件の賞賛
返信