Lauterbach in Codewarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lauterbach in Codewarrior

dgamez
Contributor I
Hello all, Somebody knows to configure the Lauterbach PowerDebug Interface for Codewarrior?? Thanks,
Labels (1)
5 Replies

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

a bit of information for you, depending on which level you are talking about:
   * Lauterback SW debugger to be called from the CW IDE, Project Settings->Build extras check the "Use External Debugger", provide the requested info as debugger executatble, debugger arguments and working directory. Pressing the debug button in CW IDE will actually call Lauterbach SW debugger.
   * Lauterbach Hardware Target Interface (HTI) to be used to debug the HW target from CW SW debugger, Project Settings->Remote Debugging, in the combo box, pick the Lauterbach connection protocol.

Hope this helps...

Regards

0 Kudos

dgamez
Contributor I
Thanks for your help, but I use the Lauterbach to write ROM image to the target, I can use the Lauterbach PowerDebug Interface/USB2 for write in the target?? Thanks!!
0 Kudos

jballes
Contributor II
Hi,

I also use a Lauterbach to download/debug our developments, as an external command (not directly from CodeWarrior, but from Rational TestRT), though you can use Voxan's idea.

In my case, for a Coldfire, I use the following command (I use Trace32):

t32m68 -c C:\PROGRA~1\Rational\TESTRE~1\targets\CWARRI~3\Trace32\Config.t32 .\cwarrior_coldfire_t32_common\Test.cmm

As a remark:

- In config.t32 you must specify whether you want to access via ethernet, USB or to use the simulator.
- Test.cmm contains your target initializations as usual.
- Also, Test.cmm is generated in a way that it automatically loads my .elf file.

If your configuration is the same as the one I have, this trick should be enough for you.

Regards,

Javier

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

As Alban requested, could you please let us know which CodeWarrior Product you are using, that would help us to understand what you are facing.

FYI: some of our CW tool chains are using Lauterbach HTI (as Trace32) to debug from CW debugger. On some others, CW does not provide any debugger and any one, from third parties, can be plugged in...

So if you are not using the CW debugger to download/debug images to your target, then I would recommend to contact Lauterbach support line... at http://www.lauterbach.com/frames.html, click the support link...

Hope this helps...

Regards
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Welcome,

Please read the top post so people can help you.
[IMPORTANT] When Asking about CODEWARRIOR !!!

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos