LINUX & Codewarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINUX & Codewarrior

jimmason
Contributor I
I am newbie, but not new to Codewarrior. I used it for years on the Macintosh.

I have a project that was built on the Macintosh with Codewarrior then ported to Windows also with Codewarrior.  Now it it going to be ported to Linux.

I was wondering what the best way of doing this is?

Is there a Linux version of Codewarrior to solve my issue?

After linux, I would like to port it to a chipset.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jimmason
Contributor I
My goal is to port a window/mac apps to ppc for linux isa. Hoewver I want a linux version also of the app.

does cross platform mean that on the chipset level? or Platform based?

I ask these question because the web site is a bit confusing!
0 Kudos

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

for a given PowerArchitecture target board, you'll get a Linux BSP with it (Low level, no graphical interface).
Once your eLinux on the ref board by using CW PowerArchitecture 8.7 (soon coming 8.8), Linux or Windows hosted) you'll be able to develop applications to run on the reference board (running eLinux). That is what we call cross development.

I would recommend that you use the latest everything (BSP and CW) available from our web site. I would also recommand to talk to a sales representative and may to an FAE for a quick demo.

Best Regards
0 Kudos

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi there,

CW is now a cross development environment, as opposed to native enbvironment you were using on MAC and Windows.

There are some Linux hosted CW version BUT all are targetting a Freescale silicon production as PowerArchitectures for netcom...

Hope this clarifies the situation, you may want to consult the CodeWarrior tools page on the Freescale web site for more details.

Best Regards

0 Kudos