cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster for 56f8000

albe101
Contributor I
Hy, I'm just new to freescale world.
I've seen the application Freemaster for codeWarrior, it look liks intersting; I've download and istalled it on my pc, with the pcmaster FMASTERSCIDRV. I've opened an example, but it has an error...
But my question is: how the freemaster will be use?
I've added the PC_Master bean in my project, now in freemaster I have to add the variabiles to scope and record, but in the project in CW I have to write some instruction? There is same paper guide that really explain how freemaster will be use?
Thank you
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

albe101
Contributor I
Thanks Fiona for ypor answer.

Now I'm going to try how you have write.

Stefano Alberini

0 Kudos

albe101
Contributor I

Hy pascal, thanks for your answer.
I've installed the new version of FreeMaster but it isn't my problem. The FM program runs well.
It's difficoult to know which command I have to introduce in my project ( in CodeWarrior)?
In the PE beans help there is write:

Bean PC_Master
SCI with features specific to support PC Master
Properties:
(Properties are parameters of the bean. Please see the Embedded Beans page for more information.)

But if I expand the PC_Master bean it look likes so: (see attachment)

There aren't these properties. Are they necessary to configure the FreeMaster module? Have I to inizialize same vectors to allocate the memory  for the FM scope?

I have these documentation:

- FMSCD/UM ( FreeMaster Serial Comunication Driver User Manual)
- Application Note AN2263/D
- FMSTERUG (FreeMaster for Embedded Applications)
- Application Note AN2471/D
- Comunication Library

In the first ones, It say me to include the "freemaster.h" header file and src_common directory, and it's ok!
But no ones of these document shows me how to use the PC_master bean.
I hope I've explained better my problem to you.
Thanks a lot
                      Stefano Albertini

PCMASTER1.jpg

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-15 05:55 PM
0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Albertini,

I viewed the screenshot, it shows the functions or methods in Bean PC_Master. To view "Properties" which are described in PE beans help pages, please click on the "Processor Expert" tab in Project View, then put your mouse on the Bean PC_Master and double-click your mouse, a window for Bean Inspector will pop up.  The "Properties" are listed there.

Double click the Bean  AsynchroSerial, Bean Inspector for this bean will pop up too. You can configure your SCI properties here, like SCI channel, baud rate….  PE will generate code to initializing SCI which is used for the communication between the target board and FreeMaster on your desktop.

Bean FreeMaster contains four functions/methods, you have marked them in your attached screenshot.  You just need to drag them into your application code when perform sampling with FreeMaster. To view the description about these functions, please put your mouse on the function's name in project view, and right-click your mouse to select 'Help' iteam. 

You may start from our example stationery project. Please create a new project from "Processor Expert Example Stationery", then select "TestAppplications-> Tools->pc_master ->…". Then:

1) Select a target like 'sdm pROM-xRAM', build the project and Click on 'Debug' icon to start debugging. The debugger stops at the beginning.

2) Open FreeMaster, click on 'File' Menu -> Open Project, then select 'sdm_pROM_xRAM.pmp', which is under the 'PC_Master' folder.

3) In FreeMaster GUI, click on 'Project' Menu -> 'Options', then go to 'MAP Files' tab.

Select the output elf file, please see my attached screenshot.

4) In CodeWarrior IDE, click on 'Debug' icon to run the project

5) In FreeMaster GUI, Click on 'File' Menu -> 'Start Communication', if it has already started, please ignore this step. The FreeMaster begins to work. You may click your mouse on either 'demo scope', or 'demo recorder' as you need.

More information about the operation on FreeMaster side, please refer to FMSTERUG (FreeMaster for Embedded Applications User Manual). You have already found it :smileyhappy:

Best Regard
Fiona

Message Edited by Fiona on 2008-09-04 10:05 AM

Message Edited by Fiona on 2008-09-04 10:06 AM
0 Kudos

albe101
Contributor I

Hy Fiona. I've just tried to do what you havo to write before.
It doesn't works!

My hardware is the MC56F8367EVME evaluation board and USB-TAP programmer.
In the example stationary project there isn't my DSC ( only 56858, 56F805 and 56F8357 ).
I've choosen the 56F8357 but it's impossible select the 'sdm pROM-xRAM', so I've selected the 'sdm external memory' and with this configuration CW compile the project and I can debug.
In FreeMaster I've selected the sdm external memory.pmp and the same one in the Map Files.
Then I try to 'Start Comunications', but it not able to detect the board, see my attached screenshot "Fiona1".
I've clicked on 'kepp trying" and it look likes run but in the second screenshot "Fiona2" the variable is always displayed "?".
Do you think that exists the comunication between board and FreeMaSTER?
If yes why the variables are not dispalyed?
I've never seen one application of FreeMaster working.

P.S.
I can't find your attacched screenshot in the last answer.

Thanks you a lot
                               Stefano Albertini

Fiona1.jpg

Fiona2.jpg

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-15 05:54 PM
0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi, Albertini

Sorry that I forgot to attach the screenshot. I created a project from the example stationery project and tested with my 56F8367 EVM board. FreeMaster works well with this project.

I attached this project, as well as the screenshot for test result and the option settings in FreeMaster.  I'm using FreeMaster 1.3.6, CodeWarrior 8.2.2. The programming tool is also USBTAP.

If this still does not work, please check whether your SCI port is connected tightly with the COM port on your PC, whether SCI port on your EVM board works well.

BR

Fiona

Message Edited by Fiona on 2008-09-05 09:47 AM

screenshot1.zip

56F8367_freemaster1.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-15 05:52 PM
0 Kudos

albe101
Contributor I
Hy Fiona.
We have tryed your code, and it run perfectly. FreeMaster too run and we can scope the variabiles.
But we have same question:
-Can we comunicated with the board use the USBTAP? Instead use the COM port use the USBTAP to use FreeMaster is it possible?
-Why sometimes when we stop/start comunication repeatedly FreeMaster runs and sometimes an error box   appare?
-Shall we always use the PC-Master bean? The istruction code, is always the same that you have write?
"/* check new application command and clear flag if any */
    if(pcmasterdrvGetAppCmdSts()) pcmasterdrvWriteAppCmdSts(0x0000);

/* call the Recorder routine which performs sampling of data */
    pcmasterdrvRecorder();"
 Because, reading the manual FMSTERUG, don't say to use PC-Mster bean. I have
understandthet PC-Master was the old application and for thise it's necessary to write code in CW project, instead with the new version it will be all integrated with FreeMaster, isn't it?

Thank you again and sorry for my english it is
horribl.
Shall i write you in your personal email
instead on the forum?
Thanks
            Stefano
0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for replying you late.

-Can we comunicated with the board use the USBTAP? Instead use the COM port use the USBTAP to use FreeMaster is it possible?

Yes, you can. But it is impossible to just use CodeWarrior and Processor Expert except that you knows well with how FreeMaster is communictate with the board, also with JTAG/EONCE commands. But it is very difficult for user to program such driver. To use JTAG for the communication between FreeMaster and board, you need another tool called Quick Start.  With this tool, user need not to program the driver by himself.

-Why sometimes when we stop/start communication repeatedly FreeMaster runs and sometimes an error box   appare?
 Sorry that I'm not aware about the reason. You may send e-mail to
support@freescale.com for this question.

-Shall we always use the PC-Master bean? The istruction code, is always the same that you have write?

Yes, we need to add this bean expect that we can program the driver for SCI by ourself, which is used for the communication.  There's no need to do this by the user himself because PE alreay have supplied this code. pcmasterdrvRecorder() is only used for recorder. This function is not necessary if user does not need recorder.  I think user need to call the functions below when he updates the global variable in his code.
if(pcmasterdrvGetAppCmdSts()) pcmasterdrvWriteAppCmdSts(0x0000);

--instead with the new version it will be all integrated with FreeMaster, isn't it?
No, you also need to add PC-Master bean.

0 Kudos

albe101
Contributor I

Hy fiona, thanks for your answer.
....but now I've problem with this application....
I've installed "Quick Start's (QS)" tool and I've done all the steps that the file "read me" suggest.
I can't open a new project of QS (see my attached screenshot) but only a demo project.
However I opened the "56F8367 demo project". I'm not intersting to configure all DSC parameters, I've just do it in CW with respective beans, so I check only the freemaster check-box that allow me to setup jtag comunication. It don't allow me to save this file. Does this file conflict with the Processor exper CW set up beans?
Quick Start's Users Manual indicate which file is necessary to add to the project in CW. Those files are:
freemaster.h and freemaster_cfg.h. Those files are located in the "src/support/freemaster" directory.
The manual refer to the appconfig.h file. But where can i find this file? Have I to create it with QS?
Infact in the examples i see : #include "qs.h" and in the folder "ApplicationConfig" in the project directory, there is the appconfig.h file, but i can't create this file by myself.
Cuold you add this part to the example project that give as the last time?
Thanks for your patience and courtesy
Stefano

Fiona32.jpg

Fiona33.jpg

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-15 05:57 PM
0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,

There is a problem with the Freemaster installed on the DSC 8.2.
You can donwload the last version on the web:

Regards
Pascal
0 Kudos