cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 5.7.0 Link Error : An error occurred trying to execute batch file

govindar
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to move to a new build environment and working on setting up the same on a new test machine.

When i try to build a project on codewarrior IDE 5.7.0 with batch as a post-linker, each time i attempt to "make", after compilation, the linking fails with the following error message -

"Link Error : An error occurred trying to execute batch file"

After this error, the linking process terminated, however, the batch file does get invoked and do its job. The same build runs fine on another machine. Any advise on what could be causing this would be helpful.

Note: I am not a developer but a sysadmin helping to migrate the build environment alone. I will however try my best to answer any of your questions to the best of my efforts.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

To solve your issue, we need more information:

1. Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior. Click on Installed Products.Save all info displayed into a txt file and upload here

2. the chip part number.

Thanks!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

govindar
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

Attached the installedProducts. I will try to find out the chip number.

The OS this is running on and having issues is Windows 7 Enterprise. 

The working setup is running on Windows 2008R2 Server.

Thanks,

Sriram

0 Kudos

govindar
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for your tip on the InstalledProducts Part. I compared for any missing or outdated plugins with the working setup and identified a version difference in the in_batch.dll linker plugin file. The not-working dll version was 1.1 while the working one had 1.2. After replacing the in_batch.dll, i no longer see the error and things look fine.

Thanks,

Sriram

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sriam,

Thanks for your feedback, Good your problem was solved.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos