Changing DSC from MC56F82748 to MC56F84763

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing DSC from MC56F82748 to MC56F84763

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

I am porting a legacy code from MC56F82748 DSC to MC56F84763 DSC to check the performance criteria.

The new DSC is faster and with more flash. Look at picture attached.

The PCB used is same, since the pins layout is similar.

Therefore I would like to use the appconfig.h to upgrade the code to new DSC without changing GraphicConfigurationTool.

Any guide how to change the processor expert and/or appconfig.h from previous projects?

I would also would like a link to adc12.h file

5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

The most similar description in in help manual: it's about how to add a component.

pastedImage_1.png

You met error after modifying the MCU component, it's quite normal if a feature supported in previous component not supported in new one. We can't expect IDE can help you fix this issue automatically. we have to find this difference and manually fix it by modifying component settings.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Fasih Ahmed

CodeWarrior doesn't have feature of changing project MCU directly.

Normally, to do it, we need create a new project for the new MCU part number, then add the previous source code part by part.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

ZhangJennie

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a guide to understand the Processor Expert to change the DSC type?

This is regarding the bootloader part of code

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Fasih

If you use Processor Expert project, changing MCU can be easier. Please  refer attached video.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:

fasihahmed
Contributor IV

ZhangJennie‌@

Thanks for the help. I have three question below. Please answer them :smileyhappy:

Question 1

Thanks for the video. Can you please attach the source code from the video?. After following the steps in video, when i generate the code I get multiple errors as shown in image below. 

I suspect it is because some pins/Settings are still configured/referenced to MC56F82748. 

I then removed all the referenced components (components_moc_bootloader window) and the errors disappeared.

Now i am not sure how to use or what was the use of these now disabled components since this is a legacy project and I am new to this area.

Is there a guide that can help me be sure of what changes I need to be doing which were also used in the old DSC?

I dont know what else do i need to make sure i have configured the new DSC correctly?

Question 2

When comparing processor images of both old and new chip, I see there is also difference in pins layout.. do these configurations have to be manually changed for the new   chip or is it automatically generated?

I have highlighted some files still in the project folder in top left window. Do i need similar files also for the new MC56F84763 DSC? how can i get them..?

question for NXp.PNG

MOC 82.PNG

MOC 84.PNG

Question 3

I   also have my software version control and see that the generated code for OLD DSC and NEW DSCAs you can see in image below, new DSC is missing many files, how can i generate the same files for the new DSC now ?

question to nxp 3.PNG

0 Kudos