help on usign the usb port on the MC1321 DevKit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help on usign the usb port on the MC1321 DevKit

fausto
Contributor I

I am developing a wireless network for industrial process monitoring so I bought the MC1321 DevKit.  In this wireless network I will have a coordinator node which communicates with a GUI located in a PC. The MC1321 DevKit uses a CP2102 UART-USB converter from www.silabs.com , and in order to develop the GUI that sends and receives messages to theCP2102 USB-UART converter I downloaded a library from silabs website, this library contains a set of host API´s that are suppose to allow me to build a c++ application (PC  GUI) that communicates with the MC1321 DevKit.   But in order for the application that uses this set of  API´s to run it requires a driver called  USBXpress which is  provided by silabs too, this driver is suppose to recognize the CP2102 at the time it is plugged. The problem is that it doesn´t happen, I plug the MC1321 DevKit with the CP2102 and the computer doesn´t find any corresponding usb driver even though I had the USBXpress installed as indicated in silab website.

I don´nt know much about USB com but I thing that this is because the firmware of the CP2102(USB-UART bridege) such as serial number, manufacturer name, vendor and product ID was previously changed by freescale.

I need to know how could I build an GUI application that has communication with the MC1321 DevKit if I can´t use the  USBXpress driver provided by silabs. Does freescale have some other driver and API´s that I can use?  Or how could I do communicate with this CP2102 ?

What do you suggest me to do, I am stucked here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

stevasway
Contributor III
Hi Fausto,
first of all I'll try to understand if CP2102 USB to UART Bridge with VCP Drivers runs.

A simple way is to connect tx with rx pin of rs232 connector, and using an hyperterminal you can see that the chars that you send you can receive it.

Then I try to understand if there is some communication problems between MC1321 and CP2102.

I successfully used Ftdi chip for converting usb to serial (http://www.ftdichip.com/).
Look at http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/Wireless.htm#DLP-RFID1.

Bye
Stevasway
0 Kudos