Transfer measurement data from DEMO9S08QG8 to PC (windows 11)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer measurement data from DEMO9S08QG8 to PC (windows 11)

Mei
Contributor IV

I would like to further process the measurement data stored in the flash controller of the development board. For this program development, I need external access to these measurement data.

As the best solution, I would like to transfer this data to the PC via the serial interface of the DEMO9S08QG8 and use it there as a basis for later program development.

Since I want to avoid that the development of data transmission requires more effort than the actual processing of the measured values, I ask whether there are ready-made software solutions for this.

As a second best solution, it would be sufficient for me if I could output decimal values ​​on an 8-bit port with a 3-digit display.

If all of this is only possible with a lot of effort, I will read the flash data manually in CodeWarrior's debug mode and work with it.

I hope for help

With best Regards

Gerd

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Itzzamna_Supp
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello there!

Regarding your main inquiry, from my understanding, you can use Processor Expert in Codewarrior to setup the serial port. And regarding windows interface, you can use TERA TERM.
Now, can you explain more details of the purpose of the second solution?

0 Kudos

Mei
Contributor IV

Thanks for your answer

Yes, in data sheet Chapter 15 Serial Peripheral Interface (S08SPIV3) I can learn to use the serial interface. I work in assembler.

It would be good to have a small code example to shorten the work.

Now the computer side. Here I would like to process the transmitted and received data in an Excel file. In the old days with Windows XP, this was possible with an SIO, written with software and reception in the PC and further processing with Excel. I suspect the is possible via a serial port with Windows 11.The second solution is a replacement solution, but very, very simple: With my measurement program I output a small amount of data in binary form on an 8-bit port. Now I have a dream that a display shows this 8-bit value in decimal. A nice and, I think, obvious task. My thought is that someone must have done that before.

And another replacement (makeshift) solution: I simply read the data stored in the flash in CodeWarrior's debug mode.

If the computing effort is low, this should also be possible without the comfort of the PC. I'm excited to see what happens next and thank you for your interest.

Best regards

Gerd

0 Kudos