S08 programming with P&E Multilink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S08 programming with P&E Multilink

asciidv
Contributor I

Struggling' is how I think best expresses my situation with the s08 and the P&E Multilink!

I know that it my lack of understanding so any guidance would be gratefully received.

I started off with a 'Tower' and successfully developed my programme on it, de-bugged just fine.

Then after building the actual device hardware I come to programme it with the P&E Multilink.

I can programme it once but then more. Future attempts to programme it shows this message;

10703_10703.pngmulrtilink.PNG.png

I guess that I might be setting the FLASH protection byte which is preventing any further operation on the flash memory, but nowhere in my programme do I write explicitly to the flash protection register. In my assembly I include the standard Code warrior supplied 'Include File' which defines the register locations but I cannot see this having content  which would protect the Flash memory.

Having migrated from 6811's and HC08's one of the other things which is new to me (If I have understood this correctly) is that the S08 starts up initially using its own internal oscillator and to use an external crystal you have to set the oscillator enable bits. I couldn't find anywhere a statement of the frequency of the internal oscillator, which I appreciate can be trimmed. What is the default frequency? How stable is it?

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,

Ascii.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

asciidv
Contributor I

Just some further observations after a few more hours of 'playing'.

When I have been trying to re-programme the device it has been from the code window. If I switch to the debug mode the first thing that pops up is

'Device is secure, Erase?'

I can select erase and it does indeed blank the memory and I then I can re-programme the device successfully. However with it programmed I seem unable to run in debug mode....

Thanks,

Ascii

0 Kudos

weapon
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dv,

Forgive me but please check your chip on board is S08PT60 actually. If the part numbe is not accordant,  "Device secure" issue will happen usually.

The internal reference clock of S08PT is 32.768K, the value is in datasheet of S08PT but not in reference manual. please check section 5.1 in Datasheet for detailed info. The clock is auto-trimmed when MCU POR, the factor trim value is in IFR not in Flash map, users can't change or erase the factory tirm value but users can rewrite the trim register of ICS to get other frequency.

B.R

Weiping

0 Kudos