Problem getting MMEVS going

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting MMEVS going

stevec
Contributor III

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need to start somewhere.

I've just started using an MMEVS for HC08. Software version 1.35. I can assemble my code ok and then launch the debugger. I load the S19 file and it appears to load ok (no error message). But.....:

1. The code does not appear when I move the memory window to start of the code ($E000). When I set the PC the code is not there.

2. The generated S19 code does not have a header line (no S0.... line)

3. After loading the S19 file there is no MAP file loaded

4. When I try to manually load the MAP file it generates an error saying it has not loaded even though there is one.

I have not used this emulator before so wonder if there are some steps I am overlooking.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

stevec
Contributor III

Ok panic over. There is a filename length restriction of 80 characters. Any more than that is truncated. It doesn't help that the error message about not finding the file appears on the end of the line with the filename, so if your status window is not wide enough you will not see the error message. Pity it did not get put on the line underneath. I've moved the directory nearer to the root and everything works. I do note that the manual states a file name of 8 chars or less (back to DOS days) but not about path length. My version is for Win XP/2000. I thought P&E would have modded it to work with longer path lengths.

0 Kudos