MC13213- Extended address in MAC Frames.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13213- Extended address in MAC Frames.

AmZig
Contributor I
Hello everyone,

I am trying to implement an application , where instead of short address , extended address would be used in Coomand and data frames. As , i have to put some checks on my device while maintaining their database. I am facing a problem , like i have disabled the short address by setting MAC PIB short id == OxFFFE . Then my application started to use the extended address. But the problem is that this extended address is the address set in the NVData.c file. If i tried to use the Init ExtendedAddress  function , only i could see 0xFFFFFFFFF value even after hardcoding the values of #define mDefaultExtendedAddress_c. On my network sniffer , i could only see 0xFFFFFF in every sent request. And i need to maintain a database of all devices MAC .

Setting value in NV data is working upto some extent , but when i need to put checks ,they are not working.

So , anyone who has used extended address in their application for assosciation  and data transmission. Kindly guide me.

BR
AmZig

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Mads
Contributor V
AmZig,
try and set a breakpoint in Init_MacExtendedAddress().
this is the function that initializes the extended address.

Also do not set the shortaddr PIB to 0xFFFE, but set it to 0xFFFF

Br,
Mads
0 Kudos

AmZig
Contributor I
Hello Mads,
I tried your mentoined solutin, but i am facing a problem . That if i changed short id PIB to 0xFFFF instead of OxFFFE , my end device cant communicate with me. The error message is that Scan could not find a coordinator. I tried by changing the capability info and other paramters but no output.

BR
AmZig
0 Kudos