cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1321 Evaluation Board (NCB) usage

Jump to solution
saurabh
Contributor I
I have been using the sample accelerometer program for SMAC, generated through the beekit tool on the two SRBs that I have received with the kit. I was wondering if I can use the NCB (I can see that the beekit application has the option to generate the code for NCB) where the NCB will act as a PC_Radio and both SRBs will act as  acceleremeters and will send the data to the NCB which will inturn send the data over to the PC over the serial port.

I could use the two SRBs one acting as the PC_Radio and the other as an accelerometer. Can this same scenario be repeated by replacing the SRB that is connected to the PC by a NCB?

Looking at the code generated for the NCB, I see that it will transfer the data to the PC on the USB port. Can we have it on the serial port too?

Does the SMAC allow two SRBs to talk to the NCB at the same time?

Thanks,
Saurabh.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello Saurabh,

You can replace the SRB board that is connected to PC with a NCB board. You have the possibility to select on with port (RS232 or USB) to connect the NCB board to PC, from BeeKit, when you generate the project for SMAC, from Platform -> board_config.h -> Default SCI port: SCI1 = UART on RS232 Connector or
SCI2 = UART on USB Connector. Also, SMAC allow two SRBs to talk to the NCB at the same time, but you should write your own code for this.

Regards,
Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello Saurabh,

You can replace the SRB board that is connected to PC with a NCB board. You have the possibility to select on with port (RS232 or USB) to connect the NCB board to PC, from BeeKit, when you generate the project for SMAC, from Platform -> board_config.h -> Default SCI port: SCI1 = UART on RS232 Connector or
SCI2 = UART on USB Connector. Also, SMAC allow two SRBs to talk to the NCB at the same time, but you should write your own code for this.

Regards,
Adrian
0 Kudos
saurabh
Contributor I
Thanks for the help. It did solve my problem.
0 Kudos