How to use the external I/O of 13193EVB(Zigbee)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the external I/O of 13193EVB(Zigbee)

johnsonchan
Contributor I
Hi, I am a student of University of Hong Kong and I am trying to use Zigbee 13193EVB to connect some external sensor and get back the data from the other board. And I am trying to use Beekit (codebase : beestack) to config the board and the pin.

However I am facing the following problems:

1. I don't know how to send data from external I/O port pins (J107) of the board and get back the data from the external I/O port pins (J107) of the other board.

2. Can I do this within Beekit and how to do?

3. Is there any manual that can teach me how to use the external I/O port of the board for data transmition? Because I cannot find a mannual that teach us how to use the external I/O port in Beekit.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Mads
Contributor V
Hi  Johnsonchan,

First of all Beekit is not a codegeneration tool, but a project developmet/configuration tool.
It can not generate code on how to "sample a gpio pin" and sent it over the air.

To learn about how to access the GPIO pins you must look at the reference manual and example code for the CPU on the EVB board. the CPU is a HCS08 GT/GB 60 and you can find datasheets, reference manuals etc on the 8 bit microcontroller page:

Here is an example of a few macro's that can be used to set a port pin:
#define ExternalDeviceInit()    PTBDD |= 0x40;
#define ExternalDeviceOn()      PTBD|=0x40
#define ExternalDeviceOff()     PTBD&=~0x40
#define ExternalDeviceToggle()  PTBD^=0x40

To learn how to develop a ZigBee applicaion i would suggest that you read the documentation that is included in the Beekit:
First read the ZigBee Application user's guide and do all the instructions in order to learn how to use the demo application.

Second, read the Beestack application developer's guide and do all the instructions in order to learn how to develop a custom ZigBee application.

BR,
Mads

0 Kudos