Download SW for HCS08

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download SW for HCS08

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:33 pm    

We are looking for a software tool for downloading the bootloader
code into a HCS08 chip by means of the BDM adapter.

It's not convenient to be forced to install the CodeWarrior Demo only
for that purpose.

Is there any other possibility?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:13 am    

To download the bootloader into a blank HCS08 device you need a BDM programmer. SofTec Microsystems inDART-HCS08 allow you to do this using DataBlaze as programmer GUI interface. This tool is also interfaced to CodeWarrior for debugging purposes.

Regards,

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:19 pm    

P&E microcomputer systems also makes a USB BDM programmer for the HCS08 and HCS12 in one device for $99 but you would have to buy there Programming software as well which runs around $150-160 I believe but gives you a GUI based and command line driven programmer.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:05 pm    

Thank you for your response. But i thought of a small (low priced, freeware) software that i can use with the USB Multilink.
The inDART-HCS08 ($ 249.00) and the PROGHCS08 ($ 169.00) is too expensive when you only use it for the download.

Regards,

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:08 pm    

What's that?

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:40 pm  

The multilink the_andie is referring to I believe is the USBMULTILINK08 from freescale. I personally have only used CodeWarrior, so I am unaware of any other software that could be used.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:43 pm    

see pemicro.com for programming software /hardware. They have a FREE downloader for hc08's, It is simple to use with the 1 wire interface. I have used it successfully in conjunction with the freescale app notes for programming AN2305.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:44 am    

I used Code Warrier at first because that's what my teacher told me to use.

But now, I like to use PEMicro software.

Code Warrier uses PEMicro module to program the uC anyway.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:28 am    

SofTec Microsystems also makes the PK Series. For HCS08 devices there is PK-HCS08GB60 which is a single board with an HCS08GB60 device on board and a USB to BDM interface that can be used for debugging and programming operations. This kit comes with DataBlaze (programming Interface) and CodeWarrior for HC(S)08 devices, that can be freely upgraded to 16kB of C code after a registration at Metrowerks web site.
This kit can be directly purchased at SofTec web site (www.softecmicro.com) for $99.

Ciao,

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:52 am    

The hcs12 series has the d-bug12 monitor. This lets you use any other board with the same monitor to act as a BDM device. You connect a BDM cable between them. They call this the "pod mode". You interact with the Master, and it programs the slave.

I don't know much about the hcs08 devices - can they do something like this?

Or, maybe an hcs12 device can act as a BDM to program an hcs08 device?

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:23 pm    

Hi,

In theory you could use the d-bug12 pod for the S08. (Some BDM cables are using S12)
But there's no code developped for it...

You volunteering ? Smile

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies