68HC908AP REFERENCE DESIGNS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

68HC908AP REFERENCE DESIGNS

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:33 pm    

As a newcomer to this family I am struggling with my first hardware design - I am up against tight timescales (heard that before!) but I'm finding the USBMONO8 documentation a bit poor - it would be most helpful if I could find a reference design or more info on the mono8 inteface requirements then I don't end up with umpteen versions of hardware!!

Ta.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:52 pm    

Hi,

I am not 100% sure what you are asking and it may help to clarify for others. Are you haveing trouble using the USBMON08 to program or debug an HC908 in your target enviornment? Do you have the proper software and drivers installed to use the USBMON08? I take it you are referring to the USBMON08 from P&E Microcomputer Systems right? If you need help installing the drivers. software or getting it working with your target I wouldn't mind lending a hand.

Just an FYI - I have had problems with them since december of last year with my HCS12 USB Multilink Rev. B and they have still yet to answer 1 email from me or return 1 phone call. (If you have to speak with someone call the sales department and demand they transfer you to tech support at that time. Otherwise don't expect to hear from anyone. I have documented a little of my ordeal on my website linked below if you care to see. A few of the stories on the main page talk about it. I think they just want me to shell out a few hundred bucks and buy the new software at full price. At times I'd like to just to be done with it but as a newly turned 22yr old trying to make it they dont realize I cant just go throw money out the window whenever I feel like it.

Look forward to hearing back from ya.

Edit: A friend pointed out if you do a google search for:

p&e responds to email

my site comes up #2 Smile

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:35 pm    

I would just like to know at this stage what the actual connections are between the processor and the MONO8 16 pin connector - yes, there are diagrams but it's not clear what I need - for instance, there are connections to some I/O pins that should apparently take up certain states following reset - does the MONO8 set these up, am I supposed to do it with pull up/pull downs, what should I do with the clock line, and so on - what I need is a definitive, no ifs or buts, picture of how to connect the MONO8 to the 68HC908AP processor!

The MONO8 seems to have installed correctly but I have no target hardware to try it with - any suggestions as to something off the shelf I could buy?

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:12 pm  

Look around for cheap dev boards or ask around on here. Someone may have one they could give you.P&E probably has dev boards but they might be a little pricy. I generally snoop around the future electronics websites looking for giveaways. I got a free 9S12C32 kit that way. Anyone have any 908 dev boards they want to give away?

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:50 am  

I'll do that - thanks for your help. Further study of the P&E site, the freescale bits and pieces and this forum means I think I've sorted it out - I'll get my PCB finished and try it!

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:08 pm    

Actually I would like to see the same thing, mostly how to share the I/O pins and the IRQ between the MON08 and normal modes. I have yet to find decent documentation to show how to have these pins properly set up during entry into emulation and yet still use them as standard pins during debug on the target. As of now, I have them allocated to MON08 only, and that is a bit limiting. It is not getting in the way of the current project, but in the future I will need to use these pins!

If someone is willing to share what they have done to use these pins both ways on the AP64 (or any '08 processor for that matter) and still use them for I/O I would appreciate it. I understand there will always be the single pin I/O used for data trasnmission during debug, so that should really be dedicated to the MON08. The IRQ however, I would really like to use without comprimise.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:25 pm  

Go to www.axman.com and download the schematic for the DEMO908AP64 (or whatever it's called). I have two of these boards and they work great with the USB-MON08-MultiLink adapter from P&E Micro.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies