cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3phase BLDC engine program upload

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

Hello everyone!

I have 3PHASELV-KIT: 3-Phase BLDC/PMSM Low-Voltage Motor Control Drive and I have a question for that. I'm using it with HCS08MP16 daughter board. I also have MCF51CN board which I want to use as a debugger for my MP16 daughter board.  MCF51CN board can be debugged by Mini USB cable. In CodeWarrior 6.3 the connection is viewed as CFV1 FSL Open Source BDM. This is the way I communicate my MCF51CN board with computer. Then I'd like to connect BDM which is on MCF51CN board with BDM on MP16 daughter board. I try to use for it female tape wire like in the picture. I don't have any other BDM programmer and only I can use to upload program on my BLDC engine is BDM on MCF51CN board.

http://lispol.com/uploaded/products_images/1412978901_80059900.jpg

I don't know how avoid programming of processor on MCF51CN board and send my code on MP16 board to steer the engine. I think it's not impossible.
If you have any solutions or ideas please help me with it.
With best regards.
Pawel Niewiadomski

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

I removed one of the resistors which send a signal back to th MC on the MCF51CN board and BDM can't support two microprocessors at once. Now TWR board works as programmer very well.

0 Kudos

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

Yes, I have this board and i did everything you wrote. I even checked BDM signals with oscilloscope and everything seems to be fine. Reset button on both boards (on board TWR-MCF51CN and board of my BLDC) is working in both sides. I can't communicate with it in CodeWarrior 10.6. That;s what happen.     W

pastedImage_0.png

When I try to reconnect this shows.
pastedImage_1.png
Then it's just error when I click 'Abort'. I try to upload empty program with all libraries of MP16 board. Is there any other way to check the communication?
Greetings,

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pawel

can you check with a Universal multilink (if you have it) if the MP is not damage?

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pawel

Do you have the TWR-MCF51CN?

If this is the case yes, you can program the MC9S08MP16 Controller Daughter Board using the TWR-MCF51CN, you only need to do

1) open the MCU_IDD (J6) on the tower.

2) plug the wire on the J8 also on the tower

3) plug the other side of the wire on the J3 of the daughter MP

4) plug the USB cable on the J14 of the tower

5) Program it using code warrior.

I hope this help you.

have a good weekend

regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos