cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Yocto(3.10.17) To eMMC for iMX6SL based custom board

jansirani
Contributor III

Hai all,

we designed a custom board same as iMX6SLEVK board .it has both sdcard and eMMC boot selection and flashed images of  Android4.4.2 to  eMMC & sdcard successfully.

Then we tried Yocto(3.10.17) core-minimal-images and successfully flashed  to the sdcard but unable to flash to eMMC.

Now inorder to flash yocto images to eMMC what are the changes we have to do in the kernel and uboot level.

Thanks and Regards,

D.jansirani

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jansi

one can use Mfg Tools for eMMC programming

i.MX 6Family Manufacturing Toolkit for L3.10.17 (REV L3.10.17_1.0.0)
https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX_6_MFG_L3.10.17_1.0.0_TOOL&appType=license&location=n...

or erase partitions as suggested on

https://community.nxp.com/thread/435725

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jansirani
Contributor III

Thanks for the quick reply.

we are already using i.MX 6Family Manufacturing Toolkit for L3.10.17 (REV L3.10.17_1.0.0)  to flash yocto images to the sdcard without any problem.

As the yocto default source code for iMX6SL  compiles images for  sdcard .

now we want to know what are the changes we have to do in kernel and uboot source code inorder to compile images (rootfs+uImage+uboot) to flash to eMMC Flash?

Note :

just to update i.MX 6Family Manufacturing Toolkit for L3.10.17 (REV L3.10.17_1.0.0) downloaded one will have the Mfgfirmware images  for sdcard so we have to compile the uboot and uImage for the Mfg firmware also inorder to flash to eMMC.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

as there is no script for i.MX6SL EVK for eMMC one can create
it using mfgtool2-mx6-sabresd-yocto-emmc.vbs as example.

~igor

0 Kudos