T1040RDB Codewarrior debugging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1040RDB Codewarrior debugging

paterb
Contributor II

I have a T1040RDB.  I am trying to test the ability to connect to a new board with no RCW present using a Codewarrior TAP.  I have cleared the RCW out of the flash and modified the dip switch settings so my board will boot with no RCW present.  I am using V10.4 of the CodeWarrior software.

I set up a project to connect to the board and set the JTAG configuration file to use the file \Freescale\CW_PA_v10.4.0\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\QorIQ_T1\T1040RDB_RCW_1400_600_1600.txt.  I believe this should setup the RCW when the JTAG connects, but I get the following error:

Description:

Error launching 1040rdb-core00_RAM_T1040_Download

Explanation:

No details available.Details:

CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain

Stack Trace:

com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.core.DebugErrorUtils.handleDebugCoreError(DebugErrorUtils.java:286)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.DownloadLaunchDelegate.cwDoLaunch(DownloadLaunchDelegate.java:542)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.BaseLaunchDelegate.doLaunch(BaseLaunchDelegate.java:210)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.DownloadLaunchDelegate.launchDebug(DownloadLaunchDelegate.java:276)

com.freescale.cdt.launch.cw.DownloadLaunchDelegate.launch(DownloadLaunchDelegate.java:123)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:861)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)

org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)

org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I've tested my JTAG connection and it works fine when I boot the board using the RCW in flash.  I have also tested this same scenario on our custom board, which has a blank flash and I get the same problem.

Am I missing any steps to get the JTAG to setup an RCW when connecting?

Thanks.

Pat

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
8 Replies

Larry5335
Contributor IV

From an NXP FAE:

RCW Override does indeed work in CW PA10.5.1 on T102x/T104x boards.   Prior email on this topic from another FAE “As was previously stated there was an issue with the T1040RDB where CW was unable to perform RCW override on a blank NOR Flash. The reason for this was the COP_HRST (from the JTAG) was connected (through the CPLD) to HRESET instead of PORESET. I was told by Apps that the device needs PORESET to be asserted for RCW override to work. Once the change was made to the CPLD to reflect this, then RCW override should now work on the T1040RDB. So no hard-coded RCW should be required.

“In fact I have a customer who has multiple T1xx board designs and CW was able to do RCW override on a blank NOR Flash.

There was also a problem with HRESET tied to HRESET_REQ, where a failed boot-up caused an immediate reset, preventing the debugger from gaining control.

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Pat, I don't know if this is an option for you but Abatron's BDI3000 seems to have RCW overwirte

feature for QorIQ. From its manual :

"Overriding Reset Configuration Word (RCW):

The BDI supports overriding the RCW Source and also overriding individual RCW values. If there is

no valid RCW present at the currently via pin selected RCW Source a Hard-coded RCW should be

selected."

Hope this helps

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

paterb
Contributor II

Are you saying that the RCW override support is not there in the Codewarrior TAP, but the T104X processor series does support it?  I ask because we are working with Lauterbach's also and might be able to get that to work if the processor supports it.

Pat

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

One solution is to update your CPLD image. I'm not sure this is public, so you need to contact your Freescale representative. In the new version of CPLD, when JTAG connect to board, CPLD will change the rcw_rcw to 010011011 (hard-code mode), then CW will be able to connect to board.

Adrian

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Pat, I doubt that T104X does not support RCW but I didn't

test it as I don't have that board. Try your Lauterbach probe.

Regards

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I did not find the file your specified in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.4.0\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\QorIQ_T1, You mean the file under C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.4.0\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains right?

What's the dip switch setting you used?

0 Kudos

paterb
Contributor II

That is correct.  The jtag_chains directory contains the JTAG scripts, the directory I mentioned contains the TCL scripts for initializing the cores.  I set the dip switches so the RCW source is eMMC (which we don't have), this way there is no valid RCW when we power on.  Then I try to use the RCW override script with the CodeWarrior TAP.

Pat

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pat,

Unfortunately, for T104x board (including T1040RDB), the rcw override feature is not supported. You should use the hardcoded rcw, in order to restore the rcw in flash.

Adrian

0 Kudos