Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read image from device

Jump to solution
ChrisTango
Contributor IV

Hello everybody,

I'm using Codewarrior 10.5, a P&E micro USB Multilink Interface and having a S08 microcontroller on my board.

So, basically I'm only searching for a way to read out the image, but I can't find menu for this kind of work.

Does anybody know how I can do this? I'm able to Flash and debug so the Connection should work fine.

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chris:

You can do this as explained in the next tutorial:

Dump my Device Memory | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chris:

You can do this as explained in the next tutorial:

Dump my Device Memory | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ChrisTango
Contributor IV

Hello Jorge,

Thanks, this will work out for me! I just got a dump from my chip and it seems to be correct. :-)

Best regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

Within Codewarrior you will only be able to look at the data in flash and RAM while debugging the hardware. But if you want to read the flash and dump it into a file, then I would suggest getting the PROGHCS08 software from P&E and use the command "upload module" to dump the file as an S19 file.

P&E Microcomputer Systems - PROGHCS08 - 68HCS08 Flash/EEPROM Programmer Software - HCS08, Flash/EEPR...

Note, if the chip is secured and have not setup a backdoor key, then there is no way of reading the flash. You would need to unsecure the chip, which involves erasing all of flash and EEPROM.

Takao Yamada

P&E Microcomputer Systems

hiphopbalance
Contributor I

Is there a free version of the proghcs08 ? Cause your link is to a very expensive software.

0 Kudos
ChrisTango
Contributor IV

Hi Takao,

Thank you for this hint! When I need more advanced Features or I've to do it more often then I will use the PROGHCS08 tool.

I've an unsecure sample, so I've access to it.

Best regards,

Chris

0 Kudos