Deploying PEx bean to non-default dir creates invalid component folders.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying PEx bean to non-default dir creates invalid component folders.

tyamadajp
Contributor I

I believe this is a bug of Processor Expert CDE in CW-MCU v10.5, so reporting it here.

Due to a problem I encounteredhere, I decided to deploy PEx components to target CW instead of doing export+import operation.

By default, Processor Expert CDE the came with CW MCU v10.5 deploys to default user directory, which is "C:\ProgramData\Processor Expert\CWMCU_PE5_00\" (<- note the last backslash).

I wanted to "export" several beans to CW for HCS12 v5.1, so I unchecked the "Set User Directory as Default" option, and selected

"C:\ProgramData\Processor Expert\CW12_PE3_02" (I cannot add trailing backslash, as CDE does not allow me to type it in).

After this change, CDE failed to deploy beans into "C:\...\CW12_PE3_02\" folder, but created and installed beans into "CW12_PE3_02Beans" and "CW12_PE3_02Drivers" folder. So it's missing a backslash between when non-default folder is selected as a target component folder.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I confirm that we have reproduced the problem and it's classified as a defect. We are sorry for an inconvenience.

Currently, to workaround the problem, it's necessary to:

1) Deploy component to default User Directory

2) Copy deployed component files from default User Directory to another location.

I will be fixed in the next releases of the CDE.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos