Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric 64-bit Virtual Machine and building i.MX53 L2.6.35-11-09-01

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric 64-bit Virtual Machine and building i.MX53 L2.6.35-11-09-01

CurtisWald
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The attached application note details the steps for setting up a 64-bit Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric virtual machine and then installing the source bundle for the i.MX53 L2.6.35-11-09-01 which was released for the the i.MX53 START_R, (Freescale PMIC) but also works on the START (Dialog PMIC).

NOTE: In the attached application note document below there is a tgz file containing patches. When copying to your Linux host make sure that CR/LF were not added by Windows when extracting and that the md5 checksums are correct for the patch files. To verify yourself, you can in the extraction directory run:

$ md5sum -c *.md5

lkc-1.4-lib.patch: OK

sparse-0.4-fixlabel.patch: OK

To regenerate md5sum if incorrect here is the command for lkc, do the same for sparse changing the name:

$ md5sum lkc-1.4-lib.patch > lkc-1.4-lib.patch.md5

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
43 Replies

sidebranch
Contributor II

Curtis,

thanks for this effort on writing how to cross-build from a Ubuntu 11.10 host system using LTIB.

To what extend does the resulting rootfs differ or equal the Ubuntu target image that is pre-installed on the (micro)SD card that comes with the IMX53QSB?

For example, does it include the Windows Media 8/9/10 hardware accelerated codecs?

0 Kudos

CurtisWald
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attaching the patch file embedded in the windows document for easier access.

0 Kudos