Preferable Linux app development environment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferable Linux app development environment

emintz
Contributor I

We are going to develop Linux-based C++ project for QorIQ P2041RDB. Could you suggest us what a preferable development framework for this task ? We intend to use NXP Linux SDK cross toolchain, so what IDE and build system are most suitable for it ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eli Mintz,

You could download and install CodeWarrior for PA 10.5.1.

Please download it from CodeWarrior® Development Suite for Networked Applications|NXP , please click "Evaluation" to download CodeWarrior for Power Architecture 10.5.1.

Please install the corresponding ServicePack online, please click Help->Install New Software->Available Software Sites, please check "FSL PA Build Tools", at "Work with:" drop down list, please select "FSL PA Eclipse Update Site - http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/PA10_5_1/com.freescale.pa.updatesite_win", please check "PA GCC LinuxGNU Build Tools service Packs" to follow the installation wizards to install this service Pack step by step.

Then please create a Linux application Project from File->New->CodeWarrior Linux Project Wizards, and replace the source code in this demo project with yours.

Please refer to Using external toolchain with CodeWarrior for PA for how to use Linux SDK Toolchain in CodeWarrior.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lana0
Contributor I

Mr. Yiping Wang

I've installed on Windows 7  CodeWarrior for Power Architecture 10.5.1. - Windows.exe

But the installation does not contain tool chain  "linux gcc for e6500"

The link, which you provided in answer to Eli Mintz two year ago : http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/PA10_5_1/com.freescale.pa.updatesite_win

is broken now.

Please, help me install Service pack upgrade for PA10 which contains required tool chain.

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

0 Kudos