Austin, Texas, USA
July 22, 2019
The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors, Model-Based Design Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the release of the Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx version 4.1.0. This release supports automatic code generation for S32K1xx peripherals and applications prototyping from MATLAB/Simulink for NXP S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors. This new release adds support for S32K116 and S32K118 microcontrollers, AUTOSAR applications code generation, Local Interconnect Networks (LIN) support and many other various new functionalities to help customers with rapid prototyping with NXP S32K microcontrollers.
- Automatic C code generation based on S32K SDK 3.0.1RTM drivers from MATLAB® for NXP all S32K1xx derivatives:
- S32K116 MCU Packages with 32QFN and 48LQFP (*new)
- S32K118 MCU Packages with 48/64 LQFP (*new)
- S32K142 MCU Packages with 48/64/100LQFP (*updated)
- S32K144 MCU Packages with 48/64/100LQFP and 100BGA (*updated)
- S32K146 MCU Packages with 64/100/144LQFP and 100BGA (*updated)
- S32K148 MCU Packages with 144/176LQFP and 100BGA/QFP (*updated)
- Multiple options for packages and clock frequencies are available via Model-Based Design Toolbox S32K Simulink main configuration block
- Integrates the Automotive Math and Motor Control Library release 1.1.17 for:
- S32K11x based on ARM M0+ cores;
- S32K14x based on ARM M4F cores;
- Multiple S32K1xx peripheral support. The peripheral coverage for each of the S32K1xx derivatives is shown below:
- Add support for Local Interconnect Network (LIN) for all S32K1xx devices
- Add support for Motor and Solenoid Drivers devices MC33GD3000, MC34GD3000, MC33937 and MC34937
- Extend support for System Basis Chip (SBC) with UJA113x blocks
- 100% S32K1xx supported peripheral coverage with examples. More than 230 examples available as part of the toolbox that exercise all the functionalities supported
- Add support for CLASSIC AUTOSAR Application Layer Simulation and Code Generation for S32K1xx devices. This feature allows customers to build, simulate and test AUTOSAR Application directly on S32K1xx microcontrollers to check for correct functionality and performance using build in profilers.
For more details, features and how to use the new functionalities, please refer to the Release Notes document attached.
The NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox extends the MATLAB® and Simulink® experience by allowing customers to evaluate and use NXP’s S32K1xx MCUs and evaluation boards solutions out-of-the-box with:
This release (4.1.0) is intended for technology demonstration, evaluation purposes and prototyping for S32K116, S32K118, S32K142, S32K144, S32K146 and S32K148 MCUs and Evaluation Boards