How to create and use static library in MCUXpresso IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the previous KDS or CodeWarrior users, they may not create and use static library under MCUXpresso IDE without a hitch, because the methods are not exactly same.

MCUXpresso IDE supports adding static library in user project with “Smart Update” wizard. This feature is derived from LPCXpresso IDE.  However, “Smart Update” wizard is only available for natively supported LPC products in MCUXpresso 10.1.0 and lower versions.  It will support all LPC and Kinetis product in MCUXpresso IDE future release.

For MCUXpresso natively supported LPC product, using “Smart Update” to add library is very convenient. User can learn its usage from this article:

Creating and Linking to Library Projectshttps://community.nxp.com/message/630594

For Kinetis product, the only way to add library to project is by hand.

This article will take an example with MK64F demo, illustrating how to create and use static library under MCUXpresso IDE step by step.  It will also be good for all LPC and Kinetis users to understand how user project works with external static libraries under MCUXpresso. 

If user needs demo code of this article, please send me community internal message.

Thanks for the suggestion from LPCX support        

Attachments
Comments

Now, I have created static library successful and used static library by another project successful.

But, how to create the static library within another static library? I have to package another lib(no source code, only a '.a' lib file) into my lib.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎11-17-2017 01:09 AM
Updated by: