This solution showcases the i.MX 6QuadPlus along with the MMPF0100 Power Management to enable the 2D/3D cluster, infotainment and rear view camera.
- High performance smooth 3D graphics based on the i.MX 6QuadPlus applications processor running on Linux. On the fly rendering of the infotainment menu.
- Seamlessly integrate extremely responsive instruments and highly complex 3D content
- Optimal usage of the CPU and GPU to achieve high-end graphics on the power effective and system cost effective i.MX
- Switch between HD video playback and the rear view camera on the secondary display
- Menu can be blended over the map (BG layer) using transparency
Featured NXP Products:
Product Link i.MX 6QuadPlus Processor i.MX 6QuadPlus Applications Processors | Quad Arm Cortex-A9 with extreme graphics performance and enhanced power manag… i.MX 6DualPlus Processor i.MX 6DualPlus Applications Processors | Dual Arm Cortex-A9 for extreme graphics performance| 1.2 GHz | NXP 14-Channel Configurable Power Management IC 14-Channel Configurable Power Management IC | NXP SABRE for Automotive Infotainment Based on the i.MX 6 Series SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6 | NXP
Screen shot 1: Cluster with 3D maps
Real-Time 3D map (created in Blender):
- 640 abstract buildings.
- 20 different building types.
- 3 “special” buildings.
- One building type.
- 5x5 map grid.
- Dynamic, directional lighting.
- Calculating and updating car chase camera every frame.
- Smooth 3D animations even at 30 Hz.
- This is no video!
Screen shot 2: Secondary Display playing Video or RearView Camera