This solution showcases the i.MX 6QuadPlus along with the MMPF0100 Power Management to enable the 2D/3D cluster, infotainment and rear view camera.
- High performance smooth 3D graphics based on the i.MX 6QuadPlus applications processor running on Linux. On the fly rendering of the infotainment menu.
- Seamlessly integrate extremely responsive instruments and highly complex 3D content
- Optimal usage of the CPU and GPU to achieve high-end graphics on the power effective and system cost effective i.MX
- Switch between HD video playback and the rear view camera on the secondary display
- Menu can be blended over the map (BG layer) using transparency
Featured NXP Products:
- i.MX6QP|i.MX 6QuadPlus Processors|Quad Core|NXP
- i.MX6DP|i.MX 6DualPlus Processors|Dual Core|NXP
- SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|NXP (Evaluation / Reference board)
- 14-Channel Configurable Power Management IC|NXP
Screen shot 1: Cluster with 3D maps
Real-Time 3D map (created in Blender):
- 640 abstract buildings.
- 20 different building types.
- 3 “special” buildings.
- One building type.
- 5x5 map grid.
- Dynamic, directional lighting.
- Calculating and updating car chase camera every frame.
- Smooth 3D animations even at 30 Hz.
- This is no video!
Screen shot 2: Secondary Display playing Video or RearView Camera