Kinetis K64F - USB FLASH Drive using Internal FLASH and USB MSD device class

Document created by Denis Shimizu Employee on Jan 28, 2015Last modified by ebiz_ws_prod on Dec 13, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Hello,

I've created a application of USB FLASH Drive acessing the 1MB internal FLASH of K64 using the Freescale's bareboard USB Stack 5.0 software + FRDM-K64F to be used by anyone as reference.

It seems to be stable, I already wrote some files on that and checked the integrity of the volume.

It can be very useful for datalogger application where the equipment can store data on the MCU FLASH using a internal filesystem, and read it through PC as it was a regular USB stick. It also very much cheaper than using a external SD Card, as it only needs the MCU + a external crystal and a USB connector.The only limitation so far is that it cannot exceed the number of the erase/write cycles of the device (of course!).

Please see the file attached with the USB Stack and the example on the folder "{Installation Path}\Freescale_BM_USB_Stack_v5.0\Src\example\device\msd\bm\iar\dev_msd_disk_frdmk64f". The project was wrote using IAR.

Also I have attached the srec file if you don't want to build the project by yourself.

Any issues, doubts or suggestions, please let me know.

Denis

Original Attachment has been moved to: dev_msd_disk_frdmk64f.srec.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: USB_Internal_Flash_Drive_FRDM-K64F.zip

Attachments

Outcomes