How to de-initialize eeprom and c55-Flash driver?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to de-initialize eeprom and c55-Flash driver?

Jump to solution
ChenBowen
Contributor II

I am using MPC5744P. I am not using SDK and use the c55 Flash SSD and eeprom emulation driver that NXP provided.  I initialize eeprom and Flash driver in bootloader project. Before going to the application project, it is always important to de-initialize these modules.  But I can't find the de-init api functions in each driver's PDF.  How to de-init eeprom and Flash driver?     

By the way, After the de-initialization of Flash driver, will the Flash block lock configuration change?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi
In case of SSD flash drivers, init function only clears flags in flash MCR register and then it initializes ssdConfig structure based on content of flash MCRE register. So, deinit is not necessary in this case. The lock bits are left untouched, so you should set them back to default state by yourself.
The situation is very similar for Emulated EEPROM drivers - in addition, the init function checks the state of EEE and it handles possible brownout state. But because no initialization of flash is needed for programming and erasing, no deinit is required. Just check the lock bits.
Regards,
Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi
In case of SSD flash drivers, init function only clears flags in flash MCR register and then it initializes ssdConfig structure based on content of flash MCRE register. So, deinit is not necessary in this case. The lock bits are left untouched, so you should set them back to default state by yourself.
The situation is very similar for Emulated EEPROM drivers - in addition, the init function checks the state of EEE and it handles possible brownout state. But because no initialization of flash is needed for programming and erasing, no deinit is required. Just check the lock bits.
Regards,
Lukas

0 Kudos