Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx read chip model 1021 vs 1024

Jump to solution
bp1979
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Is it possible to determine which chip model is active? We would like to create one binary which runs on both 1021 and 1024 cpu's. I would like to distinguish the chip model in software so that I can customize the board files etc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1)Is it somehow possible to read back the chip model from the chip? I can read back a unique chip is for example. Is there some way to distinguish the chip 'type' or 'model'?
-- Unfortunately, in the RT MCU, it hasn't provided a register or similar thing to indicate the type of the MCU.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Is it possible to determine which chip model is active?
-- To be honest, I'm not very clear with this question, so can you clarify it again?
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
bp1979
Senior Contributor I

@jeremyzhou  I am sorry for not being clear. I mean, is it somehow possible to read back the chip model from the chip? I can read back a unique chip is for example. Is there some way to distinguish the chip 'type' or 'model'? I cant find anything like that in the reference manual

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1)Is it somehow possible to read back the chip model from the chip? I can read back a unique chip is for example. Is there some way to distinguish the chip 'type' or 'model'?
-- Unfortunately, in the RT MCU, it hasn't provided a register or similar thing to indicate the type of the MCU.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos