cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT Delays in signals using FLEXIO SPI eDMA

audio
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to control a programmable LED using the iMXRT1050 while iMXRT1050 is transferring USB data. I first tried using simple GPIO switching, but the data gets corrupted due to the USB'S processing interrupts.

audio_0-1627455854815.png

So I tried to utilize FLEXIO SPI eDMA sample from the SDK(evkbimxrt1050_flexio_spi_edma_lpspi_transfer_master) and set GPIO_B0_13 as MOSI.

When I do this, there's no clear interrupt like the above, but there's a slight delay between the 2nd and 3rd signal, which throws off the LEDs.

The frequency of the switching signal is 8kHz so the period should be 120us.

audio_1-1627456156007.png

This delay happens even without any other processing in the MCU, which shouldn't matter since it's using eDMA.

Is there anything that I should lookout for which causes the delay every 2 cycle in FLEXIO SPI eDMA?

Best regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

What is the flexio clock frequency you are using? I would recommend increasing it to see if it helps using clock dividers and predividers.

Also, do you see same behavior using different frequency than 8 KHz?

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

audio
Contributor III

Hi Felipe,

I tried increasing the clock frequency but it's still the same. different frequencies lead to different timing in delay, but the delay still happens.

Do you think using a dedicated SPI pin is more immune to any interrupts or delays compared to FLEXIO SPI eDMA?

I am using D10(GPIO_B0_13) now but maybe using C10(GPIO_B0_12/LPSPI4 SDO) could help regarding this?

Best regards

Brian

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian,

If the SPI is getting interrupted when the transmission is done I think using SPI module will not change that, you will need to control that in your applications. If you see some delays with no other process running then I will try using SPI module instead of FlexIO or using other pins.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos