cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX RT-1060 EVK LCDIF with other displays

abilashjoseph
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to interface displays other than the display coming with EVK (RK043FN66HS-CTG). The display part numbers are LQ035Q3DY01 and LQ035Q7DB05.

LQ035Q3DY01 can interface through the J49 LCD connector with the use of an interface board. So, I want to know the connectors manufacturing part number of J49 for identifying the matching FPC. Because in the EVK BOM it given as subassembly part. and there is no manufacture part number in the BOM.

LQ035Q7DB05 have an interface of old panel interface, that is supporting by the RT1062 controller using Pigeon Mode (Legacy Mode). unfortunately, the LCDIF16- LCDIF23 signals, that is required for the Pigeon Mode are connected to the Ethernet interface in the EVK. is there any alternate option/solution available in the iMX RT-1060 EVK? 

Regards,

Abilash Joseph

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

abilashjoseph
Contributor II

Hi @EdwinHz 

We need the Pigeon mode interface, so going with another SOM from SoMLabs (NXP Golden partner).

I have doubt on the signal mapping for the pigeon mode signals. Each signal from PIGEON[00] to PIGEON[11] can be configurated independently for the display control signals (for eg: LQ035Q7DB05 signals - SPS, CLS, LP, PS, SPR etc.). I am assuming that there is no dedicated pin for each display control signals in pigeon mode.

Regards,

Abilash Joseph.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @abilashjoseph,

1. I'm afraid that if the BOM doesn't have the part number, I am unable to provide you with a manufacturing part.

2. As you mention, the pigeon mode pins conflict with some ENET signals. However, I believe these signals that it conflicts with have other routable option on GPIO_EMC_19 though GPIO_EMC_26, so you should be able to reroute them if necessary. Also, I believe most of the signals it conflicts with are shared with ENET module, so you could use ENET2 module instead and you should find less conflicts to worry about.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

abilashjoseph
Contributor II

Hi @EdwinHz 

Thanks for the support,

1. If you can provide the manufacturing part number or technical spec of the LCD connector J49, its very helpful. because I need to find a FPC matching with the J49 for working with the displays I mentioned.

2. My problem is that I want to interface an LCD with pigeon mode in the iMX RT 1060 EVK. So, few signals have conflict with ENET signals, and it's connected to ENET PHY. I am looking alternate signals for pigeon mode that is available in any other connector that can be easily use. Otherwise, I need to pullout the signals from the EVK before ENET PHY, that might not be a good solution.

Regards,

Abilash Joseph

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @abilashjoseph,

1. I'm cannot provide this information to you as I do not have access to it.

2. I understand, but I'm afraid that the pigeon mode, as it is a legacy operation mode for the eLCDIF module, is very limited in this manner. The signals that support pigeon mode are only the ones listed on section 35.3.5 of the RM, so you will not be able to chance or reroute these signals to other pads. The only alternatives are to reroute the ENET module signals that it conflicts with, or use the ENET2 module instead.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos