Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1160: LPSPI HREQ supported?

Jump to solution
christian_mauderer
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a question regarding the LPSPI of the i.MXRT1166:

The i.MX RT1160 Reference Manual Rev. 0 05/2021 describes the HRSEL, HRPOL and HREN bits in the LPSPI CFGR0. There is a note at the beginning of the LPSPI chapter that 'The "Output Triggers" section is not applicable for this device.' The HREQ is an input trigger so I would expect that the note is not relevant.

But at the same time the header file for the i.MXRT1166 in the mcux-sdk doesn't define the HRSEL, HRPOL and HREN bits: https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/mcux-sdk/blob/main/devices/MIMXRT1166/MIMXRT1166_cm7.h

That makes me a bit suspicious: Does the i.MXRT1166 LPSPI support HREQ or is that feature missing?

With kind regards

Christian Mauderer

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @christian_mauderer,

HREQ is supported on the RT11xx devices. The absence of the HRSEL, HRPOL and HREN bits on the core's header file is most likely a bug. I will report this to the SDK team to deliberate about this issue and make the appropriate changes.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @christian_mauderer,

HREQ is supported on the RT11xx devices. The absence of the HRSEL, HRPOL and HREN bits on the core's header file is most likely a bug. I will report this to the SDK team to deliberate about this issue and make the appropriate changes.

BR,
Edwin.

christian_mauderer
Contributor III

Hello @EdwinHz,

thanks for the quick response.

Best regards

Christian

0 Kudos