Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX-RT1020 Debug Console

Jump to solution
yoshiyukiokada
Contributor III

Hi support community,

I tried a  flexspi_nor_polling_transfer project with IMXRT-1020EVK.

The Debug console function works properly when it was under debug (connected with IDE).

However, it doesn't work when downloading a firmware into a Quad SPI flash. (not connected with IDE)  

I tried another sample project, e.g, lpspi_interruptb2b_master, the Debug console function works properly in both case.

I also tried a same project with IMXRT-1060EVK, the debug console function works properly in both case. 

Please tell me how the Debug console function works properly with IMXRT-1020EVK.

I use IDE and SDK as below;

IDE: MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0

SDK IMXRT1020 SDK 2.6.1

Best regards,

Yoshi

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yoshiyuki Okada,

Thanks for your reply.
After investigating, I find that the issue is caused by erase the sector which is also occupied by the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer itself.
So please change the EXAMPLE_SECTOR just likes below, and give a try again.
#define EXAMPLE_SECTOR 20

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yoshiyuki Okada,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
I'm not very clear with your issue, whether it's the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer demo project wouldn't run under non-debug mode.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
yoshiyukiokada
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your help. 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to confirm the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer demo project run or not under non-debug mode.

What I did was just build the project and flash it. Why the demo project doesn't work properly?

I would appreciate if you could try to reproduce it on your site.

Best regards,

Yoshi

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yoshiyuki Okada,

Thanks for your reply.
After investigating, I find that the issue is caused by erase the sector which is also occupied by the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer itself.
So please change the EXAMPLE_SECTOR just likes below, and give a try again.
#define EXAMPLE_SECTOR 20

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
yoshiyukiokada
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

I confirmed the sample project works properly with corrected source.

Thank you for your powerful support.

Could you please explain why the project with "original source" seems to work properly under debug-mode?

Best regards,

Yoshi 

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yoshiyuki Okada,

Thanks for your reply.

In the original source, it will erase sector 0, however, the sector is also occupied by the flexspi_nor_polling_transfer itself, it's the root cause.
Hope this is clear.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
yoshiyukiokada
Contributor III

Thanks for your help.

I understood the root cause of this issue, however, my question was why "original source" seems to work properly under debug-mode not but under non-debug mode.

Here, "debug mode" means that the EVK is connected with PC and IDE runs the program.

On the other hand, "Non debug mode" means that the program is flashed into Q-Flash on the EVK and RT1020 was boot from the Q-Flash.

Are there any difference between Non-debug mode and debug mode?

Best regards,

Yoshi

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yoshiyuki Okada,

Thanks for your reply.

I've done the testing of debugging the lexspi_nor_polling_transfer project with IMXRT-1020EVK, it can run only once and it won't be available when clicking the Restart icon.
According to this phenomenon, we can't say it can work property under debug mode actually.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos