Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why using eFuses for deploy products - MIMXRT105

Jump to solution
thanhnambka
Contributor III

Hi all, 

My company is planning mass product board using MIMXRT105.

In IMXRT1050RM, NXP recommends:

thanhnambka_0-1653540731378.png

Why when deploy product, should be choice eFuses for control the boot configuration?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Can the fuse BT_FUSE_SEL burn be done automatically?
-- No, I'm afraid not, however, NXP can burn the eFuse for the customers whose order exceeds a certain amount, you can contact the local DFAE to learn about this policy.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
simpledeveloper
Contributor III

@thanhnambka , efuses can also be burned (carefuly) with some lines of code.
Take a look at this thread https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Timing-for-burning-fuses-in-RT106x/m-p/848001 for reference,it is very well commented, and explains how to burn Flash Type and configurations, BT_FUSE_SEL and FORCE_INTERNAL_BOOT.
Code can be flashed and run much more faster than a manual procedure of 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
thanhnambka
Contributor III

Hi Simpledeveloper,

Thanks you for your suggestion. I will try it in IAR IDE for test. After that, i will try load load code via serial download mode instead implementation IAR IDE.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Why when deploy product, should be choice eFuses for control the boot configuration?
-- It's easy to understand actually, firstly, using the eFuse instead of GPIOs can save these pins for other functions, further, the eFuse is only allowed to burn one time, which can prevent hackers from easily accessing the code via the manipulating the GPIOs
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

thanhnambka
Contributor III

Hi, thanks you for your reply.

Currently in a new board, i need set a fuse BT_FUSE_SEL=1, therefore i'm burning a fuse following 3 step: 

1. Connect "NXP MCU Boot Utility" to my board using UART.
  2. Load eFuses.
  3. Set a fuse BT_FUSE_SEL=1, and burn.

A fuse installation can take up to 5 minutes per board. When board comes to mass production, that takes a lot of time, and may be errors in the installation process. 

My question: Can the fuse BT_FUSE_SEL burn be done automatically?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Can the fuse BT_FUSE_SEL burn be done automatically?
-- No, I'm afraid not, however, NXP can burn the eFuse for the customers whose order exceeds a certain amount, you can contact the local DFAE to learn about this policy.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: