Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which file system should be used for SD card OTA update

Jump to solution
mark_li
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm evaluating the SBL+SFW on the RT1050EVKB board, I have programmed sbl.bin and app1.bin to the flash, then from the SFW user guide chapter "7.2.2 SD card OTA", it says:

• Insert an SD card to the PC, and copy the app2.bin to the SD card.
• Rename the filename to newapp.bin.

I'm wondering how to partition the SD card and which file system should be used? I tried copying the newapp.bin to the first partition which uses FATFS, but seems the SFW firmware failed to read the new firmware, see below print from debug console:

Card inserted.
  Hello world1.
  Hello world2.
  Hello world1.
  Hello world2.
  Hello world1.
  Hello world2.
  sd card ota task running failed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mark_li 

sbl.bin and app1.bin are in the different flash address, so which detail address you have programmed?

About the sdcard file system, you can format it to the fat32 at first, then copy your app.bin to the sdcard directly.

If you still have issues, please also upload your tested abl.bin, app1.bin, and tell me your programmed address, then I will help you to test it on my side.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_li
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

Sorry for the late reply, fat32 works for me, thanks for your support.

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mark_li 

sbl.bin and app1.bin are in the different flash address, so which detail address you have programmed?

About the sdcard file system, you can format it to the fat32 at first, then copy your app.bin to the sdcard directly.

If you still have issues, please also upload your tested abl.bin, app1.bin, and tell me your programmed address, then I will help you to test it on my side.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos