Udp in Imxrt1176

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udp in Imxrt1176

Aravind_nxp
Contributor I

I am using udp in imxrt1176. When i am sending data in udp using udpsendto function, my payload pointer is adjusted to add udp header inside lwip stack functions, due to that my global variables are getting disturbed and my code is not working in a desired way

0 Kudos
5 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Aravind_nxp 

Would you share a bit about the memory map of your application? I do not know in which areas are you placing the stack and global variables. Asking this because a quick option would be to increase the stack size or place in another SRAM your global variables. If you want to do this, it is easier in the MCUXpresso IDE.

Diego

0 Kudos

Aravind_nxp
Contributor I

Hi @diego_charles,

Thanks for responding. Now my code is working fine.I will now explain below the changes i have done.

Previously i have renamed default "source" folder name to "Application" in my project, here started the issue . so, after making lot of trails, i have changed my "Application" folder name to "s_Application" , then it started working properly but don't know the reason behind it, if you could explain the reason, it is helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

Aravind.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Aravind_nxp 

I am glad to know  that you code seems to be working fine!

This is a very good question. If you change the name of a folder, I would expect that you also change the name of the references to it, so the compiler could link everyting properly.  Yet, I have not seen the  s_ in our SDK demos. If you got one please let me know so I can take a look! Also, let me know the toolchain you are using.

Regards, 

Diego

0 Kudos

Aravind_nxp
Contributor I

HI @diego_charles 

Thanks for your reply. 

Tools i am using are as follows:

Current Toolchain: NXP MCU Tools

Current buider: Gnu Make Builder

Used Tools

MCU C++ compiler

MCU C compiler

MCU Assembler

MCU C++ Linker

MCU Linker 

MCU Debugger

Above are all the options i have seen in my Project properties.

I also haven't seen any example with s_ folder name, but every example has a folder with name "source", in my project, i have renamed that folder name "source" as "Application", so then my project doesn't have a folder called "source", then the issue arises. Is it mandatory to have a folder that contains name as "source" or the name starting with letter "s" in all the projects created.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Aravind_nxp 

Some projects have references to the source folder path. Or more paths. Maybe it is necesary to update the path.

Diego

0 Kudos