cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170 Thermal problem reboot

LucaFerrario1978
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a thermal problem with RT1170, the system work fine at 80°C, but when I turn off the system and then turn It ON, the RT1170 dosen't start anymore.

When the temperature will drop under 65 °C the system starts without a problem, the problem is the same in debug mode: I can't reset and restart the RT at high temperature.

There is a safety mechanism that prevent the RT from start?

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is it possible to change the flash parameter during the boot phase, maybe with something similar to the eFuse?
-- No, I'm afraid not. Did you replicate the same phenomenon on the MIMXRT1170 EVK board?
Moreover, did you use the oscilloscope to verify the 24 MHz crystal oscillator already boot-up?
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

LucaFerrario1978
Contributor II

I have the same problem even with the RT1170 demo board from NXP! I used the "Cranck_storyboard_helloworld" project and the system dosen't reboot if I heat up the board.

I found that the system, during the reboot, stops before the main is launched with a BusFault exception. I think the system at higher temperature has a communication problem with the flash in the boot phase.... For example the SPI CLK is very bad during the boot phase, and seems fine instead when the main() starts... I thinks thats why the system works fine at high temperature but It can't reboot.

Is it possible to change the flash parameter during the boot phase, maybe with something similar to the eFuse?

Regards

0 Kudos