Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1170_EVK dual core questions

ping1
Contributor V

Dear All

Just started to use the EVK and have a few questions:

1. I believe they can run independently, so I downloaded 1 app into CM7 and it works fine - as it blinks and also able to see the test message from debug terminal. Then I downloaded another app to CM4. I can see the it work fine in debug mode - message from same cable can be seen from terminal. But in running mode - after a power cycle, how can I see other apps in CM4 running? do they use different UART terminal? 

2. Does the 1G Ethernet connected to CM7 only? tried dhcp freertos example, and it only works when it is configured to use 100M Ethernet port.

Thank you!

Ping

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

1. To check that each app is running independently we use the same UART terminal but each core prints a different message. As the example does, you can use the serial terminal and another uart for the CM4.

2. It works on both.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1707331359696.png

Omar_Anguiano_1-1707331371058.png

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

ping1
Contributor V

Hi, Omar

Thank you for reply!

1. Could you point me an example that both cores running independent and prints out different messages on same terminal please? 

2. Tried again and the dhcp_cm4 example works on both ENET in debug mode. But in running mode after a power cycle, I don't think I have way to see the CM4 is running - does it needs a trigger for cm4 to run ?

Regards!

Ping

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Unfortunately, there is no specific example for this.

2. It is difficult to tell which core is running without debugging. You could use the Domain ID which reads a different value depending on the core reading this.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos