RT1060 SAI1 Transmitter Data Lines

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1060 SAI1 Transmitter Data Lines

timfreedman
Contributor I

We have built a board using the RT1061 and are having a problem with SAI1. Based on the MCUXpresso Config Tool we used these pins on SAI1:

pastedImage_2.png

Too late we have discovered that, according to the reference manual (IMXRT1060RM), the RT1060 SAI only supports "1 data line" for the transmitter TX_DATA[0:0]. The Transmit Channel Enable (TCE) field in the SAI Transmit Configuration 3 Register (TCR3) only has one bit, also implying that only one data line is supported.

So my question is: what is driving SAI1 pins TX_DATA[3:1]? Is there any way to get the SAI1 transmitter's single output to TX_DATA2?

We were "upgrading" from a ("pin compatible") RT1050 which definitely has 4 transmit data lines TX_DATA[3:0] on its SAI1.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

timfreedman
Contributor I

Thank-you, we have confirmed that SAI-1 supports multiple transmit pins.

The i.MX RT1060 Processor Reference Manual (REV 1; 01 Feb 2019) has incorrect or misleading information which should be corrected.

36.1.3 Synchronous Audio Interface (SAI)
• Transmitter with independent Bit Clock and Frame Sync supporting 1 data line

Should be 4 data lines

37.2.1 Features
Note that some of the features are not supported across all SAI instances; see the chip specific information in the first section of this chapter.
• Transmitter with independent bit clock and frame sync supporting 1 data line

Should be 4 data lines

37.3 External signals

TX_DATA[0:0]

Should be TX_DATA[3:0]

37.5.1.7 SAI Transmit Configuration 3 Register (TCR3) 

TCE field shows only 1 bit but actually has 4 bits for SAI-1.

From the RT1050 manual:

pastedImage_102.png

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The RT1060 has the same SAI1 with RT1050.  So the SAI1 of  RT1060 has 4 data lines.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it help you. Have a nice day.

Best regards