Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 LCD 2bpp

Jump to solution
mark82
Contributor III

Good morning.

I'm working on a project porting which required to drive a 4.3" LCD (480x272 resolution, RGB565) with 2bpp image. This was natively supported within LPC1788 MCU, whose LCD driver allows 2bpp framebuffer. 

Porting this project to RT1052, it seems that this is not possible. The most that I can achieve is 8bpp via LUT tables provided by the LCDIF peripheral of RT1052, thus wasting 6bits each byte of framebuffer. Basically I only need 4 colors to be displayed. Do you confirm this, or can I configure the LCDIF and framebuffer somehow to allow truly 2bpp? 

I read the AN12302 which at page 11 briefly deals with LUT showing an example of 3bpp palette mapped to an output of RGB565. Attached image of this table. In such a case, would 5bits (of each byte in framebuffer) be unused?

Regards,

Marco

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Can I configure the LCDIF and frame buffer somehow to allow truly 2bpp?
-- No.
2) In such a case, would 5bits (of each byte in frame buffer) be unused?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Can I configure the LCDIF and frame buffer somehow to allow truly 2bpp?
-- No.
2) In such a case, would 5bits (of each byte in frame buffer) be unused?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos