RT1050 CSI with a 12-bit camera

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 CSI with a 12-bit camera

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

Is it possible to use the RT1050 CSI with a 12-bit camera?

I see that standard support is for the 8, 10, and 16-bits. 

I'm supposing that it'd be possible to run with 10 bit and cut off 2 bits of data....  Any way to maintain all data?

The camera we're using provides 12-bit data (either black and white or bayer format). 

We've tested it with the RT1020 via the FlexIO interface. Sounds like the CSI is a better solution for camera vs plain FlexIO...., right?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi variable_andrew,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Any way to maintain all data?
-- For 10-bit per pixel data format, each pixel is expanded to 16 bits by appending 6 zeros bits to the most significant bit.
2) Sounds like the CSI is a better solution for camera vs plain FlexIO...., right?
-- In the CSI is the better choice when the CMOS sensor is supported by it, as the CSI allows the developer to contact with the CMOS sensor easily comparing to FlexIO way.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou‌, 

Thanks for the quick response, 

After looking over the RM some more - it appears that CSICR1 will only allow me to pick from 8-bit or 10-bit packed data, meaning I can't use 12-bit data with the RT1050 CSI as is. 

Sounds like I'd have to do something like set the CSI up for a 16-bit interface and just ground the 4 MSbits.  

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi variable_andrew,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, you can give a try.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.