RT1020 - Audio PLL Settings and SAI Clock Frequency for audio bit width - 16 bits

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1020 - Audio PLL Settings and SAI Clock Frequency for audio bit width - 16 bits

anupam
Contributor I

Hello everyone! 

I am using the demo composite HID Audio unified code for RT 1020 (kWM8960 codec) and I noticed that the audio PLL frequency used in the code is 786.48MHz. I want to know 

1) How was the audio PLL frequency value chosen (preferably with some calculations) ?

2) If the codec bit width was changed to say - 24 bits , how will the audio PLL frequency change? 

Any help/description will be appreciated or if anyone can point to any official documentation which mentions how the frequency value was chosen, that would be great! 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @anupam 

Thanks a lot for reaching our technical support.

I am wondering first of all if you are related in some way to this current case I was handling just few days ago:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Configuring-RT1020-EVK-for-24-bit-audio-sampling/td-p/1663125

Of course if you are not related to it, I can answer your questions here, but if you are related, probably we can close this ticket and answer your questions on that post so it can be all information in just one post.

I will stay tuned to your comments. Thank you so much for the comprehension and patience.

BR.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

anupam
Contributor I
Hello @PabloAvalos
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps it's better if all the information is posted on the link (case) you mentioned since it addresses the same issues as well.
Best Regards,
Anupam
0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @anupam 

Thanks a lot for your reply and thanks a lot for allowing me to answer your concern on that link (case). As it is the same issue, I will make sure to solve that concern with my feedback. Hope I can do the test as soon as possible to address your concern.

Thank you very much, again!

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

anupam
Contributor I
Hello Pablo! Any luck on the issue? I was also wondering if you could point me to the relevant documentation or theory (that way I can do the tests as well and update you)
0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @anupam 

Sorry for the delay on my response.

Issue is getting more complicated, please see my comments on the thread I shared with you, and if possible, please share with me if you also have some captures/photos on the original signal and the recovered signal you are seeing through after passing SAI from RT. Are you able to graphic a spectrum of the signal? is the signal integrity correct on your side?

Please share with me if you have some additional information, code or screenshots on what you have if possible.

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

BR.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos