cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA update with MCUXpresso (RT1170)

LoicBe
Contributor II

Hello,

I would like to implement an OTA update on a i.MX RT1170 chip.

I "built" a SBL that I uploaded successfully in the chip.  I have developed my own SFW based on the SFW project but using MCUXpresso.

I am a bit blocked so far because after the SBL detects correctly I have uploaded a valid application image (with signature etc.) when it is jumping to the image, nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure there is a problem with how things are configured in the linker to change the application address offset, but I am stuck as everything I tried failed and exemples are given with IAR.

Would you have any additional data to help me achieving the OTA update on that chip?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

LoicBe
Contributor II

Hello,

I finally managed to make it work.  For those who are in the same situation as I was and are wandering what to do:

I loaded the SBL using the MCUXpresso GUI Flash Tool in 0x0x30000400.

Then I built my "SFW" app, based on the SFW project, locating my "BOARD_FLASH" at 0x30100400.

board_flash.PNG

I signed the SFW image as explained in the manual then I used the SBL ISP through the "MCU Boot Utility" to finally write it with a 0x100000 offset in the flash.

Regards,

Loïc.

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @LoicBe ,

Thanks for your updated information and sorry for my later reply.

Normally, the SFW needs the related header, if it is correct, then it will work.

Now, you write the flash in the correct flash address, the SFW header is correct, so it is working.

If you have any new issues in the future, welcome to create a new question post.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos