Need fastest possible LVGL graphics VGLite or PXP on iMX RT1176?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need fastest possible LVGL graphics VGLite or PXP on iMX RT1176?

Jump to solution
application_ninja
Contributor II

I'm looking to achieve the fastest possible graphics, i.e. scrolling, animations, etc... on the iMX RT1176, running in landscape 720x1280. What settings / example LVGL demo could I reference? Right now I'm using the MIMXRT1170-EVKB and RK055HDMIPI4MA0 5.5" inch screen.

Also using FreeRTOS, not bare metal...

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @application_ninja ,

The original example report 20FPS on my board. If you set compile optimization level to -O2, it will be 34FPS. 

The example use VGLite to off-load CPU work load. If you set  LV_USE_GPU_NXP_VG_LITE to 0, the weighted FPS is 24. And if you set compile optimization to -O2, it will be 47FPS.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @application_ninja ,

Please use GUI Guider. It's base on LVGL and is optimized for RT1176 and PXP.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/gui-guider:GUI-GUIDER

Regards,

Jing 

0 Kudos
application_ninja
Contributor II

I have tried GUI Guider and the results are still slow, this is why I am asking what are the optimal settings that can be used to achieve the best results? I would think a dual core 1Ghz processor should produce lighting fast graphics, but that's just not the case. Running the example "benchmark" LVGL programs result in less than 15fps, is this normal / expected?

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @application_ninja ,

The original example report 20FPS on my board. If you set compile optimization level to -O2, it will be 34FPS. 

The example use VGLite to off-load CPU work load. If you set  LV_USE_GPU_NXP_VG_LITE to 0, the weighted FPS is 24. And if you set compile optimization to -O2, it will be 47FPS.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
application_ninja
Contributor II

-O2 does help, but still not the performance I'd expect from this device.

0 Kudos